Get a head start on creating successful applications for Windows Phone 7. With this thorough introduction to Microsoft’s new mobile operating system and platform, you’ll learn step by step how to design, develop, test, package, and deploy great games and apps for WP7 -- whether or not you’re familiar with Silverlight and XNA.
Written by two of Microsoft’s Technical Evangelists for Windows Phone, this book shows you how to create compelling user experiences by integrating your applications with the phone’s hardware, such as its location capabilities, camera, and accelerometer. WP7 isn’t simply the next version of Windows Mobile. It’s a new generation of the OS designed to work with today’s sophisticated smartphones and Microsoft’s exceptional tools for interactive development -- and you can get started with it right now.
- Create rich, interactive WP7 applications with Silverlight
- Develop games for WP7 with Microsoft’s XNA development technology
- Use the accelerometer to create fun, immersive applications
- Build location-aware or data-centric applications
- Keep application status up to date using push notifications
- Add multitouch support to WP7 XNA and Silverlight applications
- Learn how to monetize your WP7 games and applications
- Use Visual Studio or the free Visual Studio Express edition to develop your apps