Legend of Korra: Book One: Air [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
|List Price:||CDN$ 37.71|
|Price:||CDN$ 24.83 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 12.88 (34%)|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the creators of the Award-winning Avatar: The Last Airbender, comes a new TV series that continues the exciting adventures of element bending. When Avatar Aang passes, he is reincarnated as a girl named Korra, from the Southern Water Tribe. Against the wishes of her guardians, Korra leaves the safety of her home to travel to Republic City. Before long, Korras Avatar skills are put to the test when she encounters a group of Chi-blockers led by a masked man named Amon. With his Equalists followers, Amon plots to gain control over Republic City and ultimately rid the world of the impurity of bending. Korra and her friends will stop at nothing to capture him, leading to an Avatar adventure like nothing before in Legend of Korra: Book One: Air!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
A lifetime has passed between the ending of Avatar and the beginning of Korra, and in that time the world of the four nations has moved on. Even during the scope of the original series, we saw that world in a state of technological ferment. In the time between the two series, this process has clearly marched on unabated. By the time Korra begins, we find ourselves in a world with technology comparable to early 20th century Earth.
To those who fell in love with the world of the first series, I'd say only this: don't worry, for there is nothing to fear here. The writers have not destroyed or replaced their original creation. Rather, they have profoundly deepened it. There is the sense of a real world with its own internal logic and course of development - a world that changes precisely because of its own reality. Integral to this is the fact that it's not just the technology that has moved forwards. Everything from the society's economic basis to its martial arts has changed since last we were here, but always in logical and internally consistent ways. You can tell that this is a show made by people with a deep respect for the integrity of their own creation.
As with the original series, this logical and consistent quality - this ability to just plain think things through - applies not only to the world-building, but also to the plot and story. At all times we have the sense of a tapestry being woven.Read more ›
As far as the Blu-Ray quality: There is one pixel white line between character's skin and the outline that I find irritating. I wonder if this would disappear on a DVD.
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Drama
- Movies & TV > En français > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller > Action
- Movies & TV > En français > Drame
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Animation
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Films > Action, Aventure, Policier et Thriller
- Movies & TV > En français > Enfants, Jeunesse et Famille > Films > Fantastique, Horreur et Science-fiction
- Movies & TV > En français > Fantastique, Horreur et Science-fiction > Fantastique
- Movies & TV > En français > Téléséries, Documentaires & Divers
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Nickelodeon > All Nickelodeon
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Drama
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV Shows > TV Series > Science Fiction & Fantasy