- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Lesbian Family Relationships in American Society: The Making of an Ethnographic Film Hardcover – Jul 23 1997
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This is a pioneering work, one of the few scholarly products that will inform its readers about the day to day lives of lesbian families. Dr. Asten meticulously documented how these families lived. She interpreted the data closely and stayed with what was said and felt by her participants. It is quite clear that she bonded closely with her participants and thus they spoke freely to her, offering her a wealth of information which she has carefully mined. She neither sugar coats the lesbian family relationships nor does she condemn them. She describes them in all their complexity with understanding and care."-Judith Frankel Professor, Educational Studies Program College of Education, University of Cincinnati
About the Author
MAUREEN A. ASTEN is Assistant Director of Continuing & Professional Studies, Rabb School of Summer, Special and Continuing Education, Brandeis University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Parenting & Families
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Motherhood
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Marriage & Family
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Lesbian Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies > Motherhood
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science