Let There Be Rock Original recording remastered
|Price:||CDN$ 9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|1. Go Down|
|2. Dog Eat Dog|
|3. Let There Be Rock|
|4. Bad Boy Boogie|
|5. Problem Child|
|7. Hell Ain't Bad Place To Be|
|8. Whole Lotta Rosie|
AC/DC's second U.S. release took the raw energy from their debut, High Voltage, up a notch, producing another huge collection of driving, intense songs for serious headbanging, but adding a bit more professionalism into the equation. The songwriting and production are tighter and more focused, and standouts such as "Whole Lotta Rosie," "Problem Child," "Let There Be Rock," and "Bad Boy Boogie" almost have to fight with "filler" like "Go Down" and "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" for the spotlight; but really, there's not a wasted track here. Guitarists Angus and Malcom Young further define their grooves, and vocalist Bon Scott sounds like he's on the verge of combusting. Let There Be Rock is big and lean. --Lorry Fleming --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Oh, & by the way...anyone who reviews this album & a George Michael album is no AC/DC fan. I ain't sellin' my soul just to crack the top 100.
But it has good sides on it. Angus' solos are amazing (as usual). The emotion passes well on every song. Bon's vocal are hard and sweet. The drums set rocks, too. There are songs like Let There Be Rock, Problem Child, Go Down and Whole Lotta Rosie that are very good songs. Everything goes well on those tracks. Dog Eat Dog also is a song that listen very carefully. The others have something that I can't get in, these songs are too long and not catchy in my opinion. But I am not the best ACDC fan, Well If you are, Buy it, you'll love it. If you like ACDC but it isnt your favorite band, I'd say to spend your money on a record like Highway To Hell, Back in Black Or High Voltage.
Finnaly, If you are looking for pure and strong hard rock, you are there with ACDC.
1) Go down: Traccia sottovalutata. Chissa perchè? forse per colpa del bigotto di turno che ha voluto imporre il proprio giudizio alle masse! Una delle poche canzoni rock'n'roll dal 1977 in poi, ma molto bella. A
2) Dog eat dog: La peggior canzone dell'album ma non per questo da buttare via! A-
3) Let there be rock: Title track travolgente con un bell riff di basso in sottofondo. Angus e Malcolm qui sono come una corrente d'aria fredda e una d'aria calda: fanno un uragano di potenza!!
4) Bad boy boogie: Canzone nel cui ritornello si può sentire una vena artistica risalente ai primi anni '70. Una di quelle canzoni che riescono meglio live. A-
5) Problem child: Canzone dove gli Young e Bon tirano fuori tutto il loro carisma ("What I want I take, what I don't I break") canzone superba, peccato per il ritornello un po' troppo scontato. A-
6) Overdose: La mia preferita del cd. I solisti si incastonano perfettamente nei potentissimi riff partoriti dalla geniale mente di Malcolm. A+
7) Hell ain't a bad place to be: riff taglienti come delle rasoiate sulle balle. Assolutamente geniale! A+
8) Whole lotta rosie: Bè, provate solo ad immaginare di essere nel '77 e di ascoltare questa canzone a palla: è come essere nell'occhio di un tornado ( anche un mio amico ve lo può confermare...) A+
HEAVY METAL FOREVER
This is a 5 star album.....But i only give it 4 and half stars on this reissue!
I'll tell you why?
Because when the album was first released in Australia, it had a track on it called "Crabsody In Blue" which many beleive is the seaqull to "The Jack" its a diffrent sounding AC/DC song, almost slide guitar bluesgrass sounding! But the song did not make it onto the version that went world wide because someone thought it was too disqusting? or didnt want to promote a song about having crabs! HAHAHAHA....so it was replaced by a song of the Australian DDDDC album called "Problem Child" and also an unreleased world wide song "Rocker" which was on there second album in Australia TNT!
So the only downfall to this re-issue is they did not include "Crabsody In Blue" it should be there in its rightfull place amongst the rest of the great songs!
Most recent customer reviews
Yup. It's AC/DC, don't fully understand why problem child is in here again when it was allready released on dirty deeds, but who cares, this album rocks!Published 21 days ago by Quill Point
Another classic ACDC album with Bon in the lead. Enough said, buy it.Published 5 months ago by Mike
The early years of AC/DC are their Best. When Bon Scott was singing he wasn't Screaming...that was just his gravelly voice...this is their best album by far... Read morePublished 18 months ago by MPK678
Good, down and dirty old school rock and roll. Loving Bon Scott. Get the first 5 albums and you won't be dissapointed.Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer
Classic AC/DC. Bon Scott's voice will always be best suited to their music. A very good addition to my collection and in particular Whole Lotta Rosie as the final track to a solid... Read morePublished on March 28 2013 by Duncan Gemmell