- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Liberalism without Perfection Hardcover – Feb 2 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
The book is wonderfully written, full of insights and rich argumentation, covers a wide range of issues regarding liberal legitimacy, and does this with clarity and subtlety. It is the most sophisticated defence of Rawlsian liberalism available. Andres Moles, Journal of Applied Philosophy Quong is never anything less than a clear and reliable guide to the details of the philosophical debates of contemporary liberals. But his careful narrowings of these debates should not obscure the larger achievement of this very fine book. Larry Krasnoff, Social Theory and Practice Quong has written a highly valuable contribution to liberal political theory. His arguments against liberal perfectionism are compelling. This book should prove to be a vital resource for both political liberals and liberal perfectionists. Daniel Savery, Res Publica
About the Author
Jonathan Quong has held visiting fellowships at the Murphy Institute's Center for Ethics and Public Affairs at Tulane University, and the University Center for Human Values at Princeton University. He is a Senior Lecturer in Political Philosophy in the Manchester Centre for Political Theory at the University of Manchester. He has published articles on political liberalism, public reason, democratic theory, distributive justice, and the morality of self-defence. He is an associate editor for two journals: Politics, Philosophy, and Economics, and Representation: The Journal of Representative Democracy.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Doctrines
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History