- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Life's Wisdom: From the Works of the Nobel Laureate Hardcover – Oct 15 2006
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Naguib Mahfouz was born in 1911 in the crowded Cairo district of Gamaliya. He studied philosophy at Cairo University, then worked in various government ministries until his retirement in 1971. His first three published novels were Khufu's Wisdom (1939), Rhadopis of Nubia (1943), and Thebes at War (1944), all of which are set in ancient Egypt. These political and philosophical critiques disguised as historical romances show the unmistakable signs of a burgeoning literary genius. He went on to write more than 35 other novel-length works, plus hundreds of short stories and numerous cinema plots and scenarios, many of which have been made into successful films. Naguib Mahfouz was awarded the Nobel prize for literature in 1988. In 2006, he died at the age of 95.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Essays
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > World Literature > Middle Eastern > Arabic
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition