Literary Trails of the North Carolina Mountains: A Guidebook Paperback – Oct 29 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Takes the reader into shaded byways of fascinating obscurity or simply personal aspects of the region's writers and writing. There is a super-highway of information to be found on the gravel roads and winding tracks of North Carolina's mountains. . . . A welcome addition to the ever-lengthening shelf of worthwhile works about the state's rich literary heritage.--"North Carolina Literary Review"
About the Author
GEORGANN EUBANKS is a writer, teacher, and consultant to nonprofit groups across the country. She is also a principal in the Emmy-winning documentary production firm Minnow Media. She has directed the Duke University Writers' Workshop since 1989, was a founder of the North Carolina Writers' Network, and is past chair of the North Carolina Humanities Council. Published in association with the North Carolina Arts Council, an agency of the Department of Cultural Resources
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The maps of the trails are very clear, the photography wonderfully elucidates the text, and the compilation of fascinating stories behind the writings provides the incentive to plan day trips to explore the locales depicted and to read, read, read the titles included.
Eubanks should be applauded for creating the ultimate literary guide.
Either book serves as a literary trail guide but I didn't expect the inclusion of the peripheral sites.
They make the book too long.
All said, it is a good guide.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Museums & Collections > Museums > Exhibition Catalogues
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Travel > North America
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Guidebooks
- Books > Travel > Reference & Tips > Tourist Destinations & Museums
- Books > Travel > United States > Regions > South
- Books > Travel > United States > States > North Carolina