I sent the followin email to the imavision.com:
Please fwd this to your DVD production dept:
Just picked up Season 1 and 2 of LHOP. Although the USD price is reasonable, I am VERY disappointed in the quality. Here's why:
(1) Over use of EDGE ENHANCEMENT. The people in your tech/production dept will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. DVD is a high resolution format to begin with; there is no need for this TRICK. It degrades the look immensely. Bottom line: images should have a smooth, film-like look.
(2) Variability of source material. Some episodes are sourced from very good elements; others look horrible (e.g., Remember Me Part I, Remember Me Part II in season 2).
(3) Opening intro/credits missing on most episodes. There is EPISODE-SPECIFIC info contained in the opening credits. Imavision cannot honestly make an "uncut and in their original form" claim if these are missing.
(4) Lack of proper TOC, chapter encoding, and other random access features. It would be nice to jump from scene to scene (or, at least, mark the ORIGINAL commercial break points).
(5) Shabby packaging (over packaged). Too much to pull out; too many discs. Look at how many other TV series are released, then redesign your packaging scheme for the remaining seasons. The original Outer Limits series DVD set is an excellent example to follow: one easy-open case, each disc is dual-sided dual-layered, which allows all 27 episodes to fit on only 4 discs).
This is a superb TV series and I think it deserves the best DVD treatment.