Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Live & Rare Best of
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|1. Bullet In The Head (Live)|
|2. Settle for Nothing [Live]|
|3. Bombtrack (Live)|
|4. Take The Power Back (Live)|
|5. Freedom (Live)|
|6. Intro (Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos) (Live)|
|7. Zapata's Blood (Live)|
|8. Without A Face (Live)|
|9. Hadda Be Playing On The Jukebox (Live)|
|10. Fuck The Police (Live)|
|12. Clear The Lane|
Japanese 12 track import only collection features the rare cuts 'Darkness Of Greed', 'Clear The Lane' & a live cover of N.W.A.'s 'Fuck Tha Police', plus nine other rare & live tracks. 1997 Sony release.
Top Customer Reviews
This CD may not be as accessible to Rage newbies as Grand Olympic Auditorium, but will be an instant classic to true fans.
Just so you know, the songs on this disc are compiled from various shows which are listed in the liner notes. Other than their usual live songs (all pre-Empire except one) there are other interesting features. Chuck D and the band collaborate on Zapata's Blood and Intro-(just hearing the first part of that sentence should make you want to buy it), and Rage jams to the lyrics of a poem by Allen Ginsberg.
But if you still aren't convinced, you can hear the last two tracks, which are not on any of their other releases. They are good, too, not just throwaways.
1. Bullet In the Head: Superior to the studio version in every way. Contains one of the best and most eingmatic guitar solos you will ever hear.
2. Settle for Nothing: It was songs like this that set the stage for the angst-driven anthems of domestic discontent that flood the airwaves nowadays. During this performance, no one would have been suprised if Zack had broken down and cried. It's that emotional.
3. Bombtrack: This track opens with a history lesson by Zack about the case of Leonard Peltier. From there, the track explodes and does not let up.
4. Take the Power Back: Killer bass line, scolding of the American school system, enthusiastic crowd. What more could you ask for?
5. Freedom: Not the one from the Battle of Mexico City.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
i am a big fan of rage against the machine, i own all their cds. i bought this one a few days ago. even though its expensive, its worth the money. Read morePublished on Aug. 20 2002
This is another tight RAGE CD. The songs are all live except for two UNRELEASED tracks, which are very tight. Read morePublished on March 2 2002 by MC Harris
Look for similar items by category
- Music > Alternative Rock > Alternative Styles > Alternative Metal
- Music > Alternative Rock > Alternative Styles > Rock
- Music > Alternative Rock > Live Albums > Alternative
- Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Alternative Metal
- Music > Hard Rock & Metal > Live Albums
- Music > Pop > Pop Rap
- Music > Rap & Hip-Hop > Pop Rap
- Music > Rap & Hip-Hop > Rap Rock
- Music > Rock > Live Albums > Alternative Rock
- Music > Rock > Live Albums > Hard Rock & Metal
- Music > Rock > Rap Rock