summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Price:$44.99+ $10.00 shipping

on March 18, 2012
Very impressed with this Gamepad for the PC. Easy to install detected right away and most games automatically switch controls to the gamepad once you hit a button on it. Also like how you can switch between the pad and the analog stick on the fly with mode button. Very happy with my purchase only bad thing I could say about it is a little on the heavy side but would not stop me from buying again. Can never go wrong with LOgitech and they proved it again with this wireless gem.
on September 16, 2013
Controller works great. Perfect for a number of PC games. Also tried it on my Nexus 7, and it worked out well there too. The buttons are a little loud.
on May 2, 2016
I'm a PC Gamer and as such my control scheme of choice will always be keyboard and mouse. That said I do my gaming on a couch in front of a flat screen so sometimes you just want a simple hands free controller. I was using a wired XBox 360 controller for a while but found the D-Pad beyond useless for the games where I really need to use a controller (ex. Rogue Legacy).

I've been gaming for about 32 years and my rule of thumb was anything other than a 1st party controller is garbage. I'm looking at you Madcatz, Pelican, et al. This controller has changed my mind. It's like an XBox controller and a Playstation controller had sex and this was their kid. The analog sticks are not as snappy as an XBox controller, nor are they as sloppy as a Playstation controller. I'd say they're closer to the Playstation. You do get use to them pretty quickly though. The D-pad is brilliant, it is the best D-pad I've used since the SNES days. Seriously if you want to pogo jump an enemy 10 times in a row in Rogue Legacy or Shovel Knight, this is the controller for you.

The quality of the controller is obvious as soon as you put it in your hands, it is solid and well built. The triggers feel odd compared to an XBox 360/One controller but after a little adjustment they're good. The rumble is present but not obnoxious and the wifi connectivity is pretty good. I did have drop-out issues at about 3.5M away from the PC but I just used the extension cable and that fixed it up. I'm still using the batteries it came with and the ability to hide the usb dongle inside the controller is just genius.

Honestly I love this thing and for the price I paid it's a silly deal. If you have trouble getting it set up just make Windows identify it as an XBox 360 Controller and it's smooth sailing. Buy it now!
on May 1, 2016
After foolishly getting rid of all my controllers, I was struck with the desire to play a few games that absolutely aren't playable without one. I considered a few options before going for the reasonably priced and capable seeming Logitech F710. It's very similar to the old Cordless Rumblepad 2, which I owned and very much liked, but with a few key differences.

The build quality and overall feel is about the same. The shape is nearly identical. It's similar to a DualShock, but I find the Logitech variation more comfortable mostly because of the larger size. For those with smaller hands, it may not be the best controller. I still find the 360 controller more comfortable, but the Logitechs are my second favourite.

The layout is almost the same, with the labelling of the buttons the only immediately obvious change from older controllers. It's not the only one, however. The sticks now have round restrictors (like a console controller) instead of square ones (like an old PC gamepad). This is actually a good thing, since any console or 360-controller-compatible game expects this. The bottom shoulder buttons have been replace with very stiff analog triggers. They're okay for quickly hammering but not comfortable to hold down for long periods of time. The D-pad is the same as before- it's serviceable, but not fantastic.

The F710 can act as an XInput or DirectInput controller. The former mode is compatible with games that expect an XBOX 360 controller (and perhaps an XBOX One controller?), the latter is for legacy games. So far I haven't used the DirectInput mode, only the XInput mode.

The wireless on this controller is fairly reliable, but it does have glitches occasionally. It's okay for casual gaming, but this is definitely not a competition controller. Unlike the huge transceiver on a cable the Rumblepad had, the F710 uses a nano receiver similar to (but not compatible with) the Unifying one.

It uses 2 AA batteries. The old Cordless Rumblepad could last for months on one set, but I haven't had the chance to evaluate this one.

Overall, it's a decent controller, and a pretty good value, but it's far from perfect and serious players may wish to looke elsewhere.
on March 23, 2016
Overall this is a great gamepad but the wireless connection could be better.

The main flaw about the F710 is that its connection cuts out occationally. It doesn't happen enough for me to withhold buying it but it happens enough during gaming that it can be quite annoying. The cut outs seem strongly related to receiver positioning, so you need to make use of the usb extension cables that come with the product. If you can live with wires I would suggest the wired F310 over the F710's connection problems.

All that said, the product is great. It feels good in your hands even during long game sessions, though is a little bit on the small side. The overall shape is closer to the unergonomic PS1/Dual shock 2 controller versus the newer controller shapes on the market but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The price point is really great for what you get. Battery life is fantastic; you don't need to worry about it. The Xbox driver/custom setting switch is a great feature. You can map your own controls or use the xbox drivers whenever you need either one.

Maybe there is a fix for these issues out there but I haven't found it yet.
on May 27, 2015
I had a hard time deciding the star rating for this controller. In the end I gave it a 3.

The F710 is a great remote (4-5 stars) IF you can get it to work with your system. I initially had a hard time getting the drivers to work with Windows 8.1, just look at the Logitech forums and you'll see it's a major problem. After numerous attempts, I had to install the Xbox 360 Wired drivers for it to be recognized and actually stay installed after rebooting my PC.

The other negative is the wireless connection. Sometimes it drops the signal and I lose control for a brief moment. The remedy was pretty much using the included USB extender cable and making sure it wasn't close to any other 2.4ghz signals.

Also, would be good if Logitech made this part of their unifying USB dongle to reduce USB port usage.

On the positive side, it's got a good feel and weight to it. I also prefer the Playstation controller's shape vs the Xbox. I've had no problems using the Xbox input in game.

So in the end, it's a great controller provided you can get it working.
on March 4, 2015
I've been using this gamepad for about a week now for a couple of different games, mainly Battlefield 4 and Borderlands 2.

So far, very impressed. The controls are actually slightly smoother in-game than my PS3 controllers, very responsive and with little 'deadzone' needed on the analog sticks to keep from drifting.

It is a little heavy, but I actually find it very comfortable in my hand, and thanks to the design being so similar to my PS3 I had no trouble making the transition.

It comes with a USB extension in case you have reception problems with the receiver but I have had no issues whatsoever.

Battery life seems good, I haven't had to swap out the included AAs yet, but I purchased 4 rechargeable batteries to use once I do need to.

The controller goes to sleep quickly when you stop using it, saving battery, but wakes up promptly when you press a button.

Installation for most games is dead easy: Plug in the receiver. Done.

Installation for older games that use Direct X for their controls means downloading a program from Logitech (the program has F510 in the name, but is actually for all of their controllers) and possibly configuring - I haven't needed it so I'm not sure how much there needs to be for that.

Overall very happy with the purchase, thanks Logitech!
on November 27, 2014
Now this device is magnificent! For those of you would play games on console and would like a similar experience on pc, this is definitely the way to go! The pad feels firm in the hand, the buttons are not flimsy and the software the the gamepad is easy and intuitive to use. Getting set up for this is a breeze!

The software allows for various gaming profiles to be set up, which is useful for various games as the controls for pc differ from game to game, so this allows you to configure the pad accordingly. Its wireless, which means that you don't need to have games running from your pc to your hand, meaning you aren't restricted.

Now the reasons this gets 3 stars instead of 5 is its reliability. Im not sure if I had a defective unit or something, but after a short while it did stop working, forcing me to get another one. It was quite frustrating. It was on my desk for while and when I decide to use it again it just would work; it wasnt recognized anymore. If I had dropped it then this would be another story, but I can vouch for its reliability. I have since switched to using a keyboard for my gaming, so I can't recommend another gamepad. Do some googling and perhaps you may find an alternative.
on May 7, 2014
Is detected by most games as an XBox controller and works wonderfully. Comfortable and closer in feel to a PS2 Dual Shock controller. Only problem is that pressing on the 'Mode' button will switch your D Pad with the Analog Joystick and if you are not aware it may affect game play.
on October 7, 2013
I bought this controller with an extra credit I had on my amazon account.

I use a keyboard/G13 and mouse for every game. I don't like using controllers, but I thought I might as well get it for the off chance that I want one in the future (for GTA5 on PC or something)

There are almost no games I'd want to use a controller for, but regardless of that, this product is very solid, very well made, very comfortable.
The vibration is silent and strong, the weight and feel is good,
The controller can switch between Xinput (for most modern games, seamlessly detected) and Directinput (older PC games and emulators)

very good product if it's something you need.