Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on June 1, 2009
- Good picture quality
- Built-in Microphone works fine
- Youtube (you can upload videos instantly)
- Installation was easy...very easy (I'm running this on a Windows 7 Home Premium)
on August 22, 2010
This was my very first web cam purchase and I must admit I initially balked at getting it because of the price (most web cams I was considering were around $35 - $50; I bought it about two years ago for $120). I've learned on more than one occasion that you get what you pay for and in this instance, I got a top-notch product. My main purpose for the web cam is for Skype video calls. I like it for,

- its image clarity; no blurriness or choppy movements (one of the few cams to have HD quality before it became mainstream. It can also be adjusted to other resolutions if image size is a concern)
- its great sound quality (the microphone is VERY sensitive and was able to pick up sound from over six and a half feet away. I used my normal speaking voice and didn't have to shout to be heard)
- its horizontal design (sits comfortably on top of my monitor and in the narrow space between the monitor and my computer desk shelf. The giant globe cams wouldn't work as they're too large and bulky)
- the tilting feature, both manual and electronic (most web cams were FIXED; you had to physically move them around if you wanted to get it showing images at a certain angle)
- the combining of the camera and microphone into ONE unit (don't have to buy a separate mic device)
- can instantly upload video to YouTube (no need to go to the YouTube website)

Didn't care for the special effects stuff--to me, that's just gimmicky nonsense.

I don't regret getting the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 for a second. Two years on, I don't need nor intend to upgrade this amazing web cam. It truly is worth every penny!!
on May 14, 2010
I purchased this to make stop-motion animations because it's really hard to get info on how well webcams take close up images and I knew from videos I'd seen that this one would work. For that purpose it's a decent camera. But I also wanted an upgrade from my old webcam that gives a fairly true image of me. Sometimes I date people I first meet via webchat and I don't want the record to skip when they see the real me. Unfortunately this camera has a pronounced fishbowl effect on subjects. It is impossible to take a true image with it, or at least I haven't figured out how. If my forehead is toward the lens a little I get the alien head look, chin forward it's the video game alpha male jaw, etc. The mic works very well for a webcam mic in my opinion. It has nice ability to auto adjust brightness, contrast etc, to compensate for poor lighting and works quite well in mediocre lighting such as from a low energy bulb. It sometimes needs a long time to make auto focus adjustments. I give it 3 stars because of the distortion. Otherwise I'd have been happy with it but $110 is too much to pay for a fishbowl lens.
on July 8, 2010
We bought this web cam mainly because it had the integrated microphone and would be easy to use with Skype.
Compared to the camera from our Wii game that I was previously using, this is amazing. When I took it out of the package, I was a little worried that it wouldnt' sit on our monitor properly, but it sits up there securely with no wobbling. I like that it can take still pictures too. Sometimes you need a quick picture of something and it's a pain to dig out the digital camera and download the picture. This is always ready to go.

Very easy to set up.
Easy to use.
Good picture and sound quality.
Not bulky and is secure on top of monitor without needing to use a sticky pad or other adhesive.
on January 27, 2010
An amazing piece of kit that generates compliments from everyone on video conferences with me.
It looks great and works completely seamlessly.
on August 2, 2010
I have tried a few cheaper webcams and the difference between them and this one is pronounced. If you are doing a lot of video calls, it is really worth the extra funds to get this one. The picture is not perfect but it is quite good, equal to most Youtube videos if one has decent bandwidth and processing power on both ends of the conversation. The other nice thing about this camera is that the field is quite wide. Thus, if one is talking to family overseas, as I do every couple of days, it is easier for a couple of people to get on camera simultaneously. Set up for this camera on my Macbook involved plugging it in to the USB port and switching video feed in Skype preferences. That was it. Another note: if you are unplugging the camera from a laptop often, you may find that you don't get video when you plug it back in. This is because your computer has switched the default video feed back to the internal camera. To fix this, go back into Skype preferences (or what ever other program you are using) and switch the video feed back to the Logitech. Once you figure this out, it takes about five seconds the next time it happens.

In short, if you wish to offer others good quality video and sound when you Skype. Get this camera. If you get a cheaper one, you will replace it later with the total cost being about the same as getting this one now.
on January 27, 2010
The Quickcam Pro 9000 is a good quality camera. The image is very good and it was easy to install the software. The microphone is very sensitive and if you are too close or talk a little louder than normal, the person on the receiving end gets a garbled message. Overall I am very satisfied with this device.
on January 8, 2011
The Logitech Pro 9000 provides excellent video, but I had problems with the Vid software. The software was easy to install, but when used was blocked by a firewall. After setting the firewalls on my computer to allow Vid, I concluded that the problem was my D-Link router's firewall. After a lot of searching on Logitech's help I found where they provided a method to remove the firewall from the router, but not one to avoid the firewall while keeping it in place. I decided to retain the firewall (sooner have too much security than not enough) and use Skype software which is not blocked by the firewall. Logitech should work with D-Link to ensure that D-Link routers do not block Vid.
on May 14, 2011
I needed a webcam to send images throughout the day to my website automatically. This webcam was mostly a good choice: the image quality is pretty good (I've seen better though), but there is no zoom, and the software is pretty basic so I purchased TinCam which worked perfectly for me. It was quite simple to install the webcam drivers. Overall I give this product a B+.
on April 9, 2010
Great webcam, great software.

I don't think there is a need for a better webcam. Well spent money.