Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travelers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
- We offer travelers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
- We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
-We update our guidebooks by visiting thousands of places in person to get the details right and tell it as it is.
- We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
- We challenge our growing community of travelers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
- We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travelers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
--This text refers to an alternate
About the Author
Anthony Ham worked as a refugee lawyer for three years, during which time the people of the world visited him in his office. After tiring of daily battles with a mean-spirited Australian Government, he set out to see the world for himself and restore his faith in humanity. He has been travelling ever since throughout Asia and Africa, all the while discovering unimagined uses for his Masters Degree in Middle Eastern politics. He is now based in Melbourne and works as a freelance writer and photographer. On his travels for Lonely Planet, Anthony has eaten rat in West Africa, been arrested in Iran and found himself constantly overwhelmed by the many kindnesses from anything-but-ordinary people wherever he's travelled.