- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Lost Dramas of Classical Athens: Greek Tragic Fragments Hardcover – Oct 6 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"... remarkable survey of the whole subject that is offered in the first three chapters (only one of which derives from a paper actually presented at the conference). Rudolf Kassel (7-20; originally published in German in 1991) and David Harvey (21-48) between them provide a detailed overview of the entire history of the collection and publication of tragic fragments from 1619 until today (with mention of projects in progress) ... Everyone concerned with tragic fragments will need to read the first three chapters (Harvey's, in particular, is a vital study aid); everyone concerned with any of the plays or themes discussed in the next six will need to read one or more of them - and the last is just a delight." --Journal of Hellenic Studies
About the Author
Fiona McHardy is Lecturer in Classics at the University of Reading, and is co-editor of Women's Influence on Classical Civilization (Routledge). James Robson is Lecturer in Classical Studies at the Open University and has co-written a course book of classical Greek for post-beginners. David Harvey was, until his retirement, Lecturer in Classics, University of Exeter.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > History > Ancient > Greece
- Books > History > Europe > Greece > Ancient
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Performing Arts > Theatre > History & Criticism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Greek
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Drama > History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Ancient
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature