The last 12 episodes from THE LOVE BOAT's first season, including the "Movie of the Week" special which launched the official series. Join the crew of the Pacific Princess, including cruise director Julie McCoy (Lauren Tewes), Captain Merrill Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), Dr. Adam Bricker (Bernie Kopell), Purser "Gopher" Smith (Fred Grandy) and bartender Isaac Washington (Ted Lange) for comedy, drama, and yes, romance on the high seas.
Co-producers Aaron Spelling and Douglas Cramer were instrumental in setting the bar for this kind of "glamour television", helped by fashion designer Nolan Miller, who swathes the parade of guest stars in glittery sea attire. What often jars however (especially this early in the game) was the recycling of guest stars, sometimes only weeks apart--for example, Michele Lee returns in TWO stories in this volume (including a lavish two-parter), but she'd already appeared in another episode earlier in the season! Four episodes in the first season alone (and three separate characters)! Isn't that some sort of record? Patty Duke, Diana Canova and Robert Urich are three more frequent passengers with "multiple character disorder". No matter. Whatever floats the boat, I suppose.
* "Family Reunion / Too Hot to Handle / Cinderella Story"
guest stars Kathy Bates, Bob Crane, Rosemary De Camp, Don DeFore, Bruce Solomon and David White.
* "Isaac's Double Standard / One More Time / Chimpanzeeshines"
guest stars Don Adams, Pearl Bailey, Nanette Fabray, Allyn Ann McLerie and Tracy Reed.
* "The Eyes of Love / Masquerade / Hollywood Royalty / The Caper" (two parts)
guest stars Desi Arnaz Jr., Adrienne Barbeau, Harold Gould, Fernando Lamas, Michele Lee, Juliet Mills, Dan Rowan, Conrad John Schuck, Larry Storch and Karen Valentine.
* "Winner Takes Love / The Congressman Was Indiscreet / Isaac's History Lesson"
guest stars Scatman Crothers, Vicki Lawrence, Maureen McCormick, Bobby Sherman and Dick Van Patten.
* "Last of the Stubings / Million Dollar Man / The Sisters"
guest stars Pat Crowley, Brett Halsey, Marion Ross and Marcia Strassman.
* "A Very Special Girl / Until the Last Goodbye / The Inspector"
guest stars Jim Backus, Paul Burke, Debralee Scott and Laurette Spang.
* "Memories of You / Computerman / Parlez Vous?"
guest stars Frankie Avalon, Barbi Benton, Patty Duke, Jamie Farr, Shelley Long, Ricky Nelson and Carole Ita White.
* "Taking Sides / Going By the Book / A Friendly Little Game"
guest stars Diana Canova, Georgia Engel, Robert Mandan, Audrey Meadows, Harry Morgan and Robert Urich.
* "A Selfless Love / The Nubile Nurse / Parents Know Best"
guest stars Lynda Day George, Elaine Joyce, Monty Hall, Leslie Nielsen, Janis Paige and Mark Shera.
* "Musical Cabins"
guest stars Dick Gautier, Michele Lee, Barbara Rhoades, Marcia Wallace and Paul Williams.
* "The Business of Love / Crash Diet Crush / I'll Never Fall in Love Again"
guest stars Jayne Meadows, Morey Amsterdam, Michael Callan, Annette Funicello, Rose Marie and Jessica Walter.
* "Pacific Princess Overtures / Gopher, the Rebel / Cabin Fever"
guest stars Diane Baker, Kaye Ballard, Gary Collins, Pat Morita, Eve Plumb and Don Porter.