I Love Lucy: The Ultimate Season One [Blu-ray]
|List Price:||CDN$ 52.99|
|Deal Price:||CDN$ 28.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 24.50 (46%)|
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
I Love Lucy S1 Ult(Br
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying to Murder Her-Lucy reads a murder mystery and jumps to the conclusion that Ricky must want to murder her as well.
2. The Girls Want to Go to a Nightclub-For Fred and Ethel's wedding anniversary, Ethel wants to go to a nightclub, but Fred wants to go to the fights. Ricky and Lucy try to solve the problem.
3. Be a Pal-Lucy thinks that she and Ricky have nothing in common, so she begins to adopt his interests, including poker, much to Fred's dismay.
4. The Diet-When Lucy auditions for a part at Ricky's nightclub, he tells her he'll hire her if she can fit into the costume: a size 12.
5. The Quiz Show-Desperate for money to balance her household accounts, Lucy goes on a quiz show and agrees to bring home a total stranger and introduce him to Ricky as her long-lost husband.
6. The Audition-Lucy hires a coach to prepare her to audition for Ricky's show. This episode nearly mirrors the show's pilot, including Lucy's hobo act.
7. The Séance-In order to get Ricky in the good graces of Mr. Meriweather, Lucy and Ethel arrange a bogus séance so that Mr. Meriweather can contact his dead wife.
8. Men are Messy-Lucy is tired of cleaning up Ricky's messes, so when a magazine photographer comes to take snapshots of Ricky's home, Lucy decides to teach her husband a lesson.
9. Drafted-When Ricky receives a letter from the War Department, Lucy thinks he's been drafted. When Ricky catches Lucy knitting socks and then hiding them, he thinks she's pregnant.Read more ›
The biggest drawback is the price. It's expensive! Even though I've found it cheaper other places, it still costs a lot of money. Of course, you do get 9 DVD for the price. And if you bought the discs as they came out, you have no reason to get this set since you already have all the material.
On the plus side, you get the 35 official season 1 episodes plus the "lost pilot" that was found and released several years ago. The episodes have been restored and I doubt they looked this good when they first aired. Picture is original full frame black and white and sound is original mono. Bonus features include behind the scenes trivia and photos, guest cast information, restored footage (some of which is a hoot), the original animated opening, and at least one episode per disc of Lucy's radio show "My Favorite Husband" that inspired certain episodes.
For me, I find some of the episodes near the start of season 1 to be rather slow and not as funny. This is a common complaint of mine with most TV shows. The writers and actors need time to find the characters before things really take off. Still, there are some early gems like "The Diet" and "The Fur Coat." The second half more then makes up for the first with many classic moments and hilarious episodes like "The Ballet," "Breaking the Lease," "The Gossip," "Pioneer Women," "The Freezer," and "Lucy's Schedule.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Fantastic addition to our classic DVD collection. Hours of laughs from the very first season of the show. Read morePublished 17 days ago by J. Bobcough
LOVED ALL THESE EPISODES. LUCY AND DESI WERE REMARKABLE AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FUNNY THEY WERE TOGETHER. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Amy Sbrocchi
I'd highly recommend these DVD's. I enjoyed watching Lucy and all her antics, hours of fun entertainment. thanks so much!Published 22 months ago by Ruby
Lucille Ball...what's to say? Perhaps the greatest comedienne of all time. Timeless, as every situation is recognizable. What a show!Published 23 months ago by Marty
It's so nice to watch something that is good clean fun. I had such a great time watching this classic show.Published 24 months ago by Andrea Calvert
The 3 seasons of I Love Lucy are to be Christmas gifts and will not be opened until Christmas Eve. I
will have a better idea if I am satisfied with the D.V.D. Read more