Love Takes Wing Paperback – Jun 1 2010
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Janette Oke (pronounced "oak") pioneered inspirational fiction and is the leading author in the category today. Love Comes Softly, her first novel, has sold over one million copies. Janette is now the bestselling author of over 70 books, 32 of which have been translated into fourteen languages. Her books have sold over 22 million copies.
Janette receives fan mail from all over the world and answers each letter personally. She received the 1992 President's Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association for her significant contribution to Christian fiction, the 1999 CBA Life Impact Award and has been awarded the Gold Medallion Award for fiction.
Janette and her husband, Edward, have four grown children and enjoy their many grandchildren. They make their home in Canada.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Meanwhile, she has seen her 2 best friends and nieces Melissa and Amy Jo marry and move out west. Nursing has consumed so much of her time that she has hardly realized that life is passing and she does becomes aware of TWO possible suitors at the same, exact time - Jackson has returned as a Doctor and joins Luke's practice. Rand is an up and coming builder who has plans for a home for Belinda and himself. An offer to accompany the rich old woman to her home in Boston removes Belinda from the predicament of 2 suitors and no real love on her part.
Not only does she accompany, but she stays on at the Boston mansion of her employer. Never has she seen or even dreamed of such finery but she does learn to adjust. "Aunt Virgie" thinks of Belinda more as a daughter than a nurse which causes no small stir among the other household help. Matters are complicated even more when the old woman's grandson Peter comes to America for a visit. Will a friendship or romance develop between the two young people? Aunt Virginia hopes so, to keep her beloved Peter nearby.
Belinda travels abroad with her employer, and even though she is experiencing once in a lifetime events, she is empty and dissatisfied inside. Has she traded her peace of mind in a tiny prairie town for a life of luxury and discontentment?
I am excited to begin book eight in this series, Love Finds a Home.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Evangelism > Missions & Missionary Work
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > Christian Living Store > Classic & Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Romance
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction > Romance
- Books > Romance > Historical > Regency
- Books > Romance > Religious