"Ron Milstein, owner of Building Tech Bookstore in Beaverton, OR: "Traister's book is the best overview book on this topic. Adding business development strategies is a great idea because these guys need this information.
From the Back Cover
LOW VOLTAGE WIRING SECURITY/FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS
The business and technical handbook for low voltage wiring
Burglars, vandals, fires, even industrial spies don't stand a chance against a professionally alarmed building, but today there is a serious shortage of security and other low voltage contractors and technicians. Now, you can take advantage of the boom. LOW VOLTAGE WIRING SECURITY/FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS has the answers--with the CD, this book is not just a training kit featuring all the skills necessary to design, install, and maintain security and fire alarm systems in any building--it is a complete business management and growth tutorial.
The best source of expert answers to your low voltage business and practical, field questions, LOW VOLTAGE WIRING SECURITY/FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS can allow you to prosper from the rapid growth of the low voltage industry.
* A comprehensive source of easy-to-use answers for designing, installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting security and fire alarm systems in residential and commercial buildings
* Don't miss out on cabling, building automation, andthe coming of photovoltaic circuits
* Understand blueprints: dimensions, symbols, the keynotes for success
* A look at the code
* Quick guide to troubleshooting techniques
* Loaded with photos, drawings, and checklists that back up the text
* How to maximize profits as a low voltage contractor
INCLUDES BUSINESS-BUILDING TOOLS:
* Estimating guidelines and tips
* Additional profit centers
* Writing real-world contracts
* CD with downloadable business checklists
* Loaded with business aids
* Time-saving checklists
* Internet addresses for industry contacts
* Live, searchable glossary