- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Lower Extremity Wounds: A Problem-Based Approach Paperback – Jan 20 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Provides an insight into the complexities of the conditions and what patients with such wounds endure." (Nursing Standard, June 2008)
From the Back Cover
Lower limb wounds are frequently observed in clinical practice and often present a real challenge for health care practitioners. Lower extremity wound care requires a multidisciplinary approach involving a number of different health care professionals in order to achieve optimum patient care. Nurses and podiatrists, in particular, are frequently involved in the assessment and management of lower extremity wounds, often working in partnership.
Lower Extremity Wounds: A problem-based learning approach is the first wound care book that has been written as a joint venture by experienced nurses and podiatrists, all with expert knowledge in wound care. It highlights the importance of multi-professional collaboration to encourage the crossing and dismantling of professional boundaries, to increase understanding of each other’s roles, and ultimately to ensure that the patient receives the best available evidence-based interventions during their health care journey.
Taking a problem-based learning approach, each of the ten chapters highlights best practice in the management of wounds by type, discusses clinical guidelines and current evidence, and links this theory to a clinical scenario thus bridging the theory to practice gap. Numerous full-colour illustrations are used throughout the book to visually enhance the reader’s learning.
Aimed at both students and practitioners, this book is essential reading for anyone involved in lower extremity wound care.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Critical & Intensive care
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Critical & Intensive care
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Critical & Intensive Care