- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
MIS Cases: Decision Making wih Application Software (4th Edition) Paperback – Apr 3 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
MIS Cases gives students practice solving business problems using application software.
Offers case studies to develop database skills, spreadsheet skills, and web development skills.
For business professionals who would like to refine skills needed to solve managerial problems.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you want a book that actually deals with MIS, read Electronic Commerce by Gary P. Schneider. It's not perfect, but it gives a better overview than this book.
This book is not about MIS in terms of how people and technology relate to one another (the IT artifact). It is a book that provides some credible business situations where one could use MS Excel or Access to derive a solution and corresponding report. Think of it as being like a math book filled with word problems.
I can talk about MS Office and kill my students with PowerPoint shows all day long only to have them able to check a box or menu selection - and still learn nothing of practical value. Only when I challenge them with these cases do they have a chance to demonstrate problem solving skills.
Our department has adopted this text for the introduction to desktop computing, and introduction to MIS. We believe it will help all the school's business students be better prepared for MIS, Accounting, Finance, HR, etc because it asks students to think critically and use the tools at hand to answer the questions that are relevant to these disciplines.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > MIS
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Information Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering