MLB 09: The Show
is back for the 2009 baseball season with all the authentic baseball action that baseball and video game fans have come to expect from the longest running officially licensed Major League Baseball game series on PlayStation platforms. The fourth game in the series, MLB 09
also includes a wealth of new features such as Road to the Show 3.0, Franchise Mode 2.0, Online Season Leagues and Roster Vault. An Update to 'The Road to the Show' MLB 09: The Show
comes with the new and improved Road to the Show 3.0 which allows for interactive training, new settings, a new steal/ lead-off system, presentations and coach interactions. Interactive training will consist of a set of mini-games designed to improve a player’s ability and performance in various areas of baseball. Franchise Mode 2.0
Franchise Mode 2.0 brings improvements to your game including the long awaited 40-man roster. The latest Franchise Mode improvements will also offer Salary Arbitration, Waiver Transactions and September call-ups. Online League Play
Along with improvements to the traditional Online Leagues, MLB 09
will offer major additions to Online Season Leagues. New Online Season Leagues will allow you to hold a fully functional draft and utilize a Flex Schedule, allowing players to play games ahead in the schedule. Roster Vault
Roster Vault gives users the ability to create their perfect roster offline by adjusting player attributes, appearance, accessories, etc... Users can then save this Roster to their Memory Card. Once online users can upload them from where they are stored to allow others users online to download, use and rate their Roster. The new Roster Vault feature lets the The Show
community share and judge any Roster. Key Game Features
- Road to the Show 3.0 - The new version of the popular mode includes an all-new steal and leadoff system, and more interaction with the player's coaches.
- Franchise 2.0 - Now includes salary arbitration, waiver transactions, September call-ups, and the 40-man roster.
- Improved online play - Now includes flex scheduling to allow players to play out-of-order games, and Roster Vault option to allow gamers can create their own custom rosters and upload them online for other gamers to use.
- SportsConnect Online User Tracking (SCOUT) - SCOUT allows gamers to set their game preferences, store them on the server, and then allows the system to look for a Quick Match with an opponent that fits their criteria.
- Multi-Branch Fielding - Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers you can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point.
- Adaptive Pitching Intelligence (API) - Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters.
- Pitch Command System (PCS) - Pitchers' abilities to throw a specific pitch change depending on how often the pitcher throws it.
- Revamped Umpire Personalities - Umpire personalities have been tweaked further.
- Roster Vault - This gives users the ability to create their perfect roster offline by adjusting player attributes, appearance, accessories, etc... Users can then save this Roster to their Memory Card. Once online users can upload them from where they are stored to allow others users online to download, use and rate their Roster.
- In-game Saves - Ever needed to save your progress in the middle of the game or an inning? Never Miss A Single Play Again With In-Game Saves.
- Catcher Called Games - The Show pushes the envelope for realism by incorporating catchers calling pitches. You’ll really know what it feels like to stand on the mound and nod or shake a pitch from the catcher. It’s up to you – just don’t make a mistake pitch. The catcher’s setup also acts as a guide to your decisions on where to locate a pitch.
- Improved In-Game Pitcher and Batter Analysis - The Pitch Analysis is a breakdown of all the pitches thrown during the current game being played. You’ll be able sort by pitcher, LHB or RHB, pitch type and result. This is also available for Batters.
- Progressive Batting Performance - Specific to each batter, you’ll be rewarded with slight contact bonuses for each batter who performs beyond his statistical ability under your control. Conversely, if your performance takes a dip, you’ll see slight decreases in contact for each batter that performs below that statistical ability.
- 3-Man Booth - Rex Hudler joins Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell for the most comprehensive commentary you’ve heard in any baseball game. MLB 09 The Show sets the bar high with progressive commentary that changes you progress through the game, adapting to current actions and situations.
- User Controlled Slides - Control base runners down to the last detail. Split-second decisions are the difference between a win and a loss so as you round the bases, you decide when it’s time to get dirty.
- Unique Stadium Ambiance - Every MLB team is specific to their stadium with coordinated crowds, team colors and audio that catering to each team and specific players.