- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual Paperback – Oct 30 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
David Pogue, Yale '85, is the weekly personal-technology columnist for the New York Times and an Emmy award-winning tech correspondent for CBS News. His funny tech videos appear weekly on CNBC. And with 3 million books in print, he is also one of the world's bestselling how- to authors. In 1999, he launched his own series of amusing, practical, and user-friendly computer books called Missing Manuals, which now includes 100 titles.
Top Customer Reviews
It is my second Missing Manual on Mac. I really like the concept. And those who know David Pogue's style won't be surprised by his humor. They will find clear explanations of all the features of Lion, more than 250... We've all read all sorts of tips and comments on Lion on all sorts of websites, but here all that information is well organized, easy to find and easy to understand. As always, Pogue makes a good use of illustrations and put a special attention to use only the ones that best suits its objectives.
I particularly appreciate the section on iCloud. All you need to know is there, clearly explained .
Mac OS X The Missing Manual is, in my opinion, the definitive reference on Lion and I would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. I even think of getting the digital version, just to be able to access its content from my iPad.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Apple > Mac OS X
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware > Macs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Operating Systems > MacOS
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Operating Systems