Macromedia Flash 8 Bible Paperback – Feb 6 2006
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
"When I'm planning the FlashBelt conference, Reinhardt is the first one I call. His knowledge reaches to the farthest corners of the software."
—Dave Schroeder, Director, FlashBelt conferences; Owner, PilotVibe Music and Sound Design
If Macromedia Flash 8 can do it, you can do it too ...
Squeeze every last ounce of power from the very latest edition of Macromedia Flash with this enhanced and revised edition of the bestseller. Written by two Flash experts, this user-friendly, in-depth guide is packed with tips, expert tutorials, and hidden tricks you won't find elsewhere. Create graphics that jump off the page and make your content richly interactive. Animate, script, manipulate data, send customer data to a server, create robust apps — Flash 8 does it all. Now you can too, with this Flash reference at your side.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Macromedia Flash 8
- Transform your Movie clips with new blend modes, filters, and gradients
- Scale your artwork to perfection with a new nine-slice scaler
- Get better looking text with crystal-clear FlashType font renderer
- Create characters with lip-synching, walk cycles, and atmosphere
- Understand the nuts and bolts of ActionScript code
- Integrate and control video directly in Flash
- Attach and bind data to components for a dynamic Web site
- Work with Dreamweaver®, Fireworks®, ColdFusion®, Director®, and more
- Create a game in a Flash and win
- Make Flash movies for mobile devices
Bonus CD is loaded with sample files, custom components, and finished examples!
About the Author
Robert Reinhard is one of the world's leading Flash experts and is co-principal of [theMakers], a multimedia company based in Los Angeles. He has developed multimedia courses for educational facilities in Canada and the United States, and is a regular speaker at FlashForward and other conferences. Recent projects have included screen graphics for Sean Penn’s film The Pledge (2000), and a Flash web site for the Warner Bros. feature film Training Day (2001.)
Snow Dowd is a co-principal at [theMakers] and has worked with Robert Reinhardt for the last six years on various multimedia projects. Snow initially collaborated with Robert on film and photography-based installation projects while earning a degree in Image Arts at Ryerson University in Toronto.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I would highly recommend this book for someone who is new to Flash. As someone with technical background, it was very easy to follow and understand, and also offered insights that I do not get from my classes. I believe even those with limited development experience will find the book very informative, since it does not assume that the readers have prior knowledge about the topics in the book.
Great book, highly recommended!
You won't regret this book or the support that is offered with it. The best Flash book I've ever purchased!
-- Jenny Graves
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Flash
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems