From the Back Cover
"When I'm planning the FlashBelt conference, Reinhardt is the first one I call. His knowledge reaches to the farthest corners of the software."
—Dave Schroeder, Director, FlashBelt conferences; Owner, PilotVibe Music and Sound Design
If Macromedia Flash 8 can do it, you can do it too ...
Squeeze every last ounce of power from the very latest edition of Macromedia Flash with this enhanced and revised edition of the bestseller. Written by two Flash experts, this user-friendly, in-depth guide is packed with tips, expert tutorials, and hidden tricks you won't find elsewhere. Create graphics that jump off the page and make your content richly interactive. Animate, script, manipulate data, send customer data to a server, create robust apps — Flash 8 does it all. Now you can too, with this Flash reference at your side.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Macromedia Flash 8
- Transform your Movie clips with new blend modes, filters, and gradients
- Scale your artwork to perfection with a new nine-slice scaler
- Get better looking text with crystal-clear FlashType font renderer
- Create characters with lip-synching, walk cycles, and atmosphere
- Understand the nuts and bolts of ActionScript code
- Integrate and control video directly in Flash
- Attach and bind data to components for a dynamic Web site
- Work with Dreamweaver®, Fireworks®, ColdFusion®, Director®, and more
- Create a game in a Flash and win
- Make Flash movies for mobile devices
Bonus CD is loaded with sample files, custom components, and finished examples!
About the Author
is one of the world's leading Flash experts and is co-principal of [theMakers], a multimedia company based in Los Angeles. He has developed multimedia courses for educational facilities in Canada and the United States, and is a regular speaker at FlashForward and other conferences. Recent projects have included screen graphics for Sean Penn’s film The Pledge (2000), and a Flash web site for the Warner Bros. feature film Training Day (2001.)
Snow Dowd is a co-principal at [theMakers] and has worked with Robert Reinhardt for the last six years on various multimedia projects. Snow initially collaborated with Robert on film and photography-based installation projects while earning a degree in Image Arts at Ryerson University in Toronto.