|2. Black & White People|
|4. Last Beautiful Girl|
|5. If You're Gone|
|6. Mad Season|
|7. Rest Stop|
|8. The Burn|
|10. Bed Of Lies|
|13. You Won't Be Mine|
1. Angry- Begins with an unfamiliar electric riff that totally violates all previous assumptions about the band. The song really sets the tone for the album, light-sounding, but, when analyzed closely, a really deep emotional expression for Thomas.
2. Black and White People- Brilliant lyrics. The horns at the start are sort of stupid, but they grow on you, and the lyrics, as aforementioned, are awesome. There are vague statements about racial unity, and everything else is an emotional scape of life in general.
3. Crutch- Gets a lot of respect and really deserves it for its rough and twangy sound. A good tune that will gradually start to annoy you.
4. Last Beautiful Girl- I would hate to be the woman who Thomas wrote this about, because the lyrics are vividly angry and condemning. Its really an uplifting song for someone going through a breakup.
5. If You're Gone- Really a good love song.Read more ›