- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Madness, Architecture and the Built Environment: Psychiatric Spaces in Historical Context Hardcover – May 17 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Leslie Topp is Lecturer in History of Art at Birkbeck College, University of London.She is the author of Architecture and Truth in Fin-de-Siècle Vienna (Cambridge University Press, 2004) and articles on the connections between modern architecture and psychiatry.
James E. Moran is Associate Professor in History at the University of Prince Edward Island.His publications include Committed to the State Asylum: Insanity and Society in Nineteenth-Century Quebec and Ontario (2000), and with David Wright, Mental Health in Canadian Society: Historical Perspectives (2006).
Jonathan Andrews is a lecturer in the School of Historical Studies and Northern Centre for the History of Medicine, Newcastle University. His publications include (with A. Scull) Undertaker of the Mind and Customers and Patrons of the Mad Trade (University of California Press, 2001, 2003), and (with R. Porter et al.) The History of Bethlem (Routledge, 1997).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Mental Illness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Pathologies
- Books > Medical Books > History
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Special Topics > History
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychopathology