This was Madonna's debut and although her sophomore album "Like A Virgin" was the one that made her a household name, this album was still very successful and gave her a nice share of hits. Yeah, the songs scream early 80's, but the album is a fun dance LP and a Madonna essential.
1. Lucky Star: 5/5 One of my Madonna faves. This version is much better than the version on "The Immaculate Collection." You need to hear the full song to appreciate it. It hit #4 on the pop charts.
2. Borderline: 5/5 This song has taken years to grow on me, but now I love it. A Madonna classic. This hit #10 on the pop charts.
3. Burning Up: 5/5 A dance hit for Madonna. Although it's a great track, it's one of M's most underrated singles.
4. I Know It: 5/5 The intro sounds like the theme from some bad 80's action flick, but it's a cool song with an edgy chorus.
5. Holiday: 3/5 This is definitely a Madonna classic, but I've never cared for it. It's very recognizable but the other songs on here are better. A top 20 pop hit.
6. Think of Me: 4/5 A good dance track...nothing outstanding.
7. Physical Attraction: 4/5 Ditto to #6.
8. Everybody: 4/5 Madonna's first single was a hit in the dance clubs. It has a fun chorus and is pretty darn catchy.
On the remastered version, there are also two bonus mixes of "Lucky Star" and "Burning Up." A highly recommended album. All big Madonna fans should get this whether you have the "Immaculate Collection" or not. The remastered, extended versions are better. :)