Make Today Count Hardcover – Jun 11 2008
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold more than 24 million books in fifty languages. Often called America's #1 leadership authority, Maxwell was Identified as the most popular leadership expert in the world by Inc. magazine in 2014. And he has been voted the top leadership professional six years in a row on LeadershipGurus.net. He is the founder of The John Maxwell Company, The John Maxwell Team, and EQUIP, a non-profit organization that has trained more than 5 million leaders in 180 countries. Each year Maxwell speaks to Fortune 500 companies, presidents of nations, and many of the world's top business leaders. He can be followed at Twitter.com/JohnCMaxwell. For more information about him visit JohnMaxwell.com.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The author has a list of 12 areas to focus on daily that he believes are critical to success. He calles them the "Daily Dozen." They are:
He spends a chapter on each of the Daily Dozen. For each, he notes what decision he has made in each area. As an example, for "attitude," his decision is "I am going to keep a positive attitude and use it to influence others." Then he provides suggestions on how to incorporate the items critical to success into your daily life.
He makes the great point that what you become is the result of what you do today. The only way to change your life is to change what you do daily.
This is a great little book that packs a powerful punch!
I just finished reading it (takes about an hour or two tops), and feel the need to discuss what it is and isn't as I was fairly disappointed. First, here is what the book is:
1) A list of the 12 most important areas of your life (honestly nothing new here) - each basically comprising one chapter. At the end of each chapter the author asks you to challenge what you will do to address this area in specifics.
2) A narrative sprinkled with several references to other self help narratives / speakers that the author has encountered including, given that the author is a Christian pastor, several references to faith / God / Christ etc. (No worries there he is a pastor after all).
Here is what it is not:
Concrete ideas or systematic suggestions to actually make a change. I was honestly surprised after reading that this book is included in the business section of the local big box bookstore.
My advice - if you are looking for a typical feel-good type inspirational book this is for you. But don't expect to be given the tools to precipitate change.
If you are looking for a book, especially in the business context, to facilitate change and make the most out of your working day I highly recommend the "Now Habit" by David Allen.
The audiobook format was key for me. Audiobooks help me read when busy. The narrator had a nice voice, and the sound quality was very good. I highly recommend this to busy moms everywhere!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Guides
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Household Hints
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Beauty & Fashion
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Motivation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Self-Help > Motivational
- Books > Self-Help > Success