- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Making Media: Foundations of Sound and Image Production Paperback – Mar 13 2003
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"The author does an admirable job of combining all aspects of traditional and new media in each chapter. The accompanying CD-ROM offers visual and audio examples of production design and is itself a good example of nonlinear programming in covering the concepts of storyboarding and releases, visual aesthetics, light quality, brightness and contrast, color mixing, color temperature, sound mixing, camera movements, sequencing of still images, and examples of persistence of movement and the phi phenomenon."
About the Author
Jan Roberts-Breslin is an Associate Professor of Visual and Media Arts at Emerson College, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in studio and field video production and media arts. She is also the Graduate Program Director at Emerson, responsible for coordinating the graduate curriculum and advising over a hundred masters students. She taught previously at Temple University and at Seton Hall University. For the past sixteen years, Jan has been a media artist and freelance producer/director of film, video, and interactive multimedia projects, including a feature film, documentaries, experimental work, and corporate productions. She has a Master of Fine Arts degree in Film and Video Production from Temple University.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The main terms are bolded, and also listed in the end so you can read the book beginning to end or just look up specific topics. The attached CD is a great addition as it visually illustrates concepts that are difficult to explain verbally, such as the different camera movement (What is the difference between the pan and truck movement?) or the phi phenomenon.
Another great thing about the book is the practical tips it gives to a beginner. Logging all my footage, for example, would have never accrued to me, but it made editing so much more manageable and must have saved me hours upon hours.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Multimedia Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Audio
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Direction & Production
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Business
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Television > Direction & Production
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Computer Technology > Robotics & Automation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Automation
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Mathematics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Social Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences