march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 18, 2003
I teach sixth and seventh grade students. While I've known that these kinds of concrete, multi-level activities would be helpful to them, the logistics always left me defeated--and I'd never have all of my letter tiles returned at the end of a lesson. This book solved my word-making problems, however! Each list corresponds with a strip of reproducible letter tiles in the back. Hand out a new strip for each lesson, and let the kids keep them when they're done. The activities truly are multi-level and interesting even to above grade-level learners. If you're a middle level teacher who wants to increase the word knowledge of your students, this book is a wonderful resource. Now, if I can just keep my colleagues from stealing it...
on April 4, 2000
Very practical guide for teachers struggling with visual and kinestic learners in Spelling and Reading. Easy to incorporate into your daily routine in small groups or large. Encourages students to remember pattens and sound/symbol relationships. I have been using this in my classroom this year and have seen results. This is a must for all elementary teachers!