Making Sense of Change Management: A Complete Guide to the Models, Tools and Techniques of Organizational Change Paperback – Jun 28 2012
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"A leader needs to understand change, and this monograph provides the resources and knowledge to ensure a successful change effort. ...Summing Up: Recommended. All readership levels." --CHOICE
Praise for previous editions:
"An ideal text for academics, professionals, and anyone in search of an introduction to change management." --T+D
"We recommend this to anyone charged with management organizational change, or even surviving it." --getAbstract
"Esther Cameron and Mike Green's objective is to help their reader understand "why change happens, how change happens, and what needs to be done to make change a more welcoming concept" by carefully reviewing a wealth of resources that provide models, tools, and techniques of organizational change. …[E]ach reader would be well-advised to absorb and digest the material and then select only what is most relevant to her or his own organization's specific needs, interests, objectives, and resources. …[T]heirs is a "what to think about" book, not a "how to do it" book. They focus their reader's attention on a wealth of options, resources, focal points, and references to consider. …Those who absorb and digest the material with appropriate care will also receive at least some assistance from Cameron and Green when designing and then launching change initiatives that are most appropriate to the needs, interest, resources, and objectives of their own organization." --Robert Morris
Business leaders, managers, HR departments, students, academics
Update to a definitive and widely-taught textSee all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
* Types of change - wanted and unwanted, sudden e.g. death of a loved one, restructure resulting in redundancy
* The impact of change on people [including yourself] e.g. anger, grief, denial, resistance, acceptance, embracing the change
* Some good examples to demonstrate the change cycle process
* Tips on how to help yourself and others by recognising where you are at regarding change in your life
- The role of mindfulness programs in improving individual change.
- the Spiral Dynamics model of change (Don Beck and Chris Cowan).
- Prosci change management methodologies (e.g. Prosci 3-steps change management process, ADKAR Model, etc.).
All in all, it is one of the most insightful books that I have ever read.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Organizational Change
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Workplace
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Occupational & Organizational
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Organizational Behaviour