No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Learn everything there is to know about one of the leading Web scripting languages in use today!
Ashok Appu has packed this indispensable guide with real-world examples and advice on how to move beyond those samples to tackle specific tasks. In addition, end-of-chapter reviews and exercises will get you quickly up to speed to learn how PHP is also useful in other server-side development and administration tasks and site administration.
With numerous real-world examples and expert advice, this book will:
* Provide a concise and task-oriented introduction to PHP
* Help you evaluate the suitability of PHP for your project
* Be a practical introduction to PHP's syntax and fundamental strengths
* Include numerous working scripts, with information on how to adapt and extend them to meet individual needs
The companion Web site contains:
* All source code from the book
* Frequently asked questions, quizzes, and best practices
* Links to other resource sites
Ashok Appu has been working as a development executive with the KSB division of NIIT. Since he began working at NIIT in 2000, he has been involved in writing Instructor Led Training Manuals. He has worked on projects such as Red Hat Linux 6x/7x, Principles of Web Designing, Windows 98 (Advanced), Microsoft Commerce Server 2000, BizTalk Server 2000, ASP.NET, VB.NET, StarOffice 5.2, and TCP/IP. His technical expertise is in the areas of networking, network security, operating systems, and scripting languages. He is also involved in providing SME (Subject Matter Expert) support for various other technologies such as the Linux operating system and StarOffice.