The vast and beautiful Indian subcontinent is home to an incredibly rich diversity of mammals, including mighty tigers, elephants, and rhinos, as well as primates, pandas, hyenas, and many more. Mammals of India is the most comprehensive and field-ready illustrated guide to Indian mammals available. It covers 400 species--virtually every mammal known to exist in India--and includes more than 350 full-color photographs as well as 85 color distribution maps for easy reference to India's largest and most majestic species. The detailed text, written by one of India's leading wildlife authorities, describes key identification features, biometrics, behavior, and status. There's also an invaluable section on similar species for hard-to-identify mammals such as bats and rodents. This durable and user-friendly photographic guide is designed especially for use in the field, but it's also the ideal book for armchair adventurers.
- Covers 400 species--virtually every mammal known to exist in India
- Includes more than 350 color photographs
- Provides an authoritative text describing key identification features and more
- Features 85 color distribution maps
- Designed especially for field use