Man, Play, and Games Paperback – Aug 31 2001
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Well worth the attention of every sociologist interested in the relationship of culture to play." -- American Sociological Review "A book to be read for ideas." -- American Journal of Sociology "An excellently conceived work." -- Social Forces
Inside This Book(Learn More)
In 1933, the rector of the University of Leyden, J. Huizinga, chose as the theme of an important oration, "The Cultural Limits of Play and the Serious." Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Pop Culture
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Puzzles & Games
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Popular Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Social Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Sports & Outdoors