Managerial Decision Modeling with Spreadsheets and Student CD-ROM with CDROM Hardcover – Jun 2002
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Filling a void for a balanced approach to spreadsheet based decision modeling, this volume builds on the traditions and strengths of Render and Stair's Quantitative Methods for Management, a recognized and proven leader in teaching decision modeling. In addition to using spreadsheets as a tool to quickly set up and solve decision models, the authors teach how and why the methods work and combine the user's power to logically model and analyze diverse decision-making scenarios with software-based solutions. The book discusses the fundamental concepts, assumptions and limitations behind each decision modeling technique, shows how each decision model works and illustrates the real-world usefulness of each technique with many applications from both profit and nonprofit organizations. The authors provide an introduction to managerial decision modeling, linear programming models, modeling applications and sensitivity analysis, transportation, assignment, and network models, integer, goal, and nonlinear programming models, project management, decision theory, queuing models, simulation modeling, forecasting models and inventory control models. For anyone looking for a balanced approach to spreadsheet based decision modeling.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Statistics
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > 3D Graphics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Statistics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management