- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Manga Studio For Dummies Paperback – Jan 10 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Covers both Manga Studio Debut and EX versions
Use the newest features of Manga Studio to bring your ideas to life
Manga is magnificent, and with the tools available in the latest version of Manga Studio, it's easy to turn your computer into your drawing board. Here's the fun and easy way® to begin creating comics in manga or Western styles, add color to your creations, and share them with your adoring public.
Discover how to:
Build and use page templates
Rough in your comic with penciling techniques
Work with layers, rulers, and panels
Add speech bubbles and sound effects text
Ink your work and add tones
About the Author
Doug Hills has been drawing ever since high school. Originally influenced by the superhero comics of the early- to mid-1990s, his style has adapted towards his other favorite genre: manga. Learning and studying techniques from both the East and West, he’s constantly striving to create a style that can truly be called his own.
In recent years, he has taken that love and desire for comics onto the Internet with two webcomics: Place Name Here and Chibi Cheerleaders From Outer Space, which he works on with his wife, Stacey. His webcomic work led him to Ten Ton Studios, where he worked on a story for their book, Anthologica, and eventually became a member of the group.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The author Doug Hills is an accomplished digital comic artist with a long history of using Manga Studio. The book is an in depth look all the capabilities of the program (versions 4.05 and earlier). A decent index is included to help expedite your searches for your different questions when using Manga Studii 4 or 3... And there is the rub. The release of the "new" version 5 might make this book less appealing. MS 5 while using a lot of the same basic principles has also undergone many changes the biggest being in terms of the "new" colour applications.
The colour capabilities are more in tune with Photoshop (the digital colouring software used by most)...
If you are using MS4 or earlier I'd give it a 4.5! if you are moving on to 5 then use the author's online tutorials found with a quick search or wait for his next release of a "digital" chapter dedicated to MS5! (to be released any time)...
It covers all the bases and gives the newcomer to the electronic drawing scene the encouragement to continue drawing.
It would be great to be able to obtain a "Dummies" book that covers the much improved Ex 4.0 Version of Manga Studio
as the changes in drawing with a new color palette and layer structure is not that easy to grasp for beginners.
The segments in this book are well explained and lead the reader to become creative right from the start.
This book is worth every penny!
Most recent customer reviews
Very easy to understand. The book is only for the 4 or ex4 but there are still good tipsPublished 23 days ago by Amazon Customer
Good book it has lots of details and it meets my expectation on the level of instructions, how to, and theory. Very satisfied and it really is a good reference.Published 13 months ago by Christian C
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Cartooning
- Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Manga
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Humour
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Digital Business & Culture > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Graphics & Illustration > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Software > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > HTML, Graphics, & Design > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet > Web Development > HTML, Graphics, & Design > Web Graphics
- Books > For Dummies Store > Entertainment > General
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Computers & Internet
- Books > Textbooks