The perfect resource for any setting where infusion therapy skills are required! Its popular, self-paced approach makes it ideal for classroom and clinical settings as it progresses from the basics to advanced techniques while incorporating theory into clinical application. Readers will find a new focus on evidence-based practice, a more streamlined format, and new features on DavisPlus that continue to make this the manual of choice in a rapidly advancing field.
- Features a new focus on evidence-based practice.
- Presents "Thinking Critically" boxes, a case study feature.
- Integrates pediatric and geriatric content throughout.
- Features a BONUS CD-ROM packaged with every book that include a 300-question test bank with rationales as well as Case Studies from the book with critical thinking questions and answers.
- Emphasizes standards of practice through its use of guidelines from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Infusion Nursing Society (INS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Offers well organized pedagogical tools, includingàLearning Objectives • Nursing Fast Facts • Age-related and Cultural Considerations • Nursing Plans of Care • Home Care Issues • Patient Education • Key Points • and Review Questions.
- Provides competency criteria for hospital policy and procedure development required by The Joint Commission.
- Includes competency skill checklists for evaluating procedures.
- Presents detailed step-by-step procedures for subcutaneous infusion of pain medication • peripherally inserted catheters (PICCs) • epidural pain medication administration • and patient controlled analgesic therapy.
- Examines delivery of IV therapy in the home setting.
- Highlights critical content in "Nursing Fast Fact" boxes.
- Spotlights assessment and intervention guidelines in "Nursing Points-of-Care" boxes.