- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Mapping Latina/o Studies: An Interdisciplinary Reader Hardcover – Apr 4 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Angharad N. Valdivia is Research Professor of Communications and Media at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She is Head of the Department of Media and Cinema Studies and the Interim Director of the Institute of Communications Research. Her research and teaching focus on transnational popular culture studies with an emphasis on gender and ethnicity. She has published many books and articles on Latina/o media studies.
Matthew Garcia is Professor of Transborder Studies and History and Director of the new Comparative Border Studies Program at Arizona State University. He is the author of A World of Its Own: Race, Labor, and Citrus in the Making of Greater Los Angeles, 1900-1970 (2001), which was named co-winner for the best book in oral history by the Oral History Association in 2003, and the forthcoming book A Moveable Feast: Cesar Chavez and The United Farm Workers’ Grape Boycott.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Museums & Collections > Business of Art
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > History > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Ethnic Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Hispanic American Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > United States
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences