Maps for Family and Local History: The Records of the Tithe, Valuation Office, and National Farm Surveys of England and Wales, 1836-1943 Paperback – Apr 1 2004
|New from||Used from|
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Maps for Family and Local History shows how three great land surveys can provide information on ancestral homes, as well as fascinating historical snapshots of specific areas. Covering 1836 to 1943, the Tithe, Valuation Office, and National Farm Surveys provide a wealth of information on rural and urban localities, on dwellings, settlements, and landscapes as well as the status of householders. The text gives the rationale behind the surveys and covers each in detail. Fully updated by map experts from The National Archives, this illustrated guide is the perfect companion to researching those maps.
About the Author
William Foot worked as a Reader Adviser for a number of years at The National Archives (then the Public Record Office). This edition is revised by Geraldine Beech and Rose Mitchell, who have many years of experience in advising the public on maps and related records at The National Archives.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Atlases & Maps > World
- Books > Education & Reference > Genealogy > Online Research
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Research
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Europe > Scotland
- Books > History > Europe > Wales
- Books > Travel > Atlases & Maps > World
- Books > Travel > Europe > Great Britain > Wales