Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
Mariah Carey's The Adventures of Mimi
|List Price:||CDN$ 22.99|
|You Save:||CDN$ 10.61 (46%)|
Today Only: "Amazon Exclusive: The James Bond Collection + Spectre" for $119.99 (60% Off)
For one day only: "Amazon Exclusive: The James Bond Collection + Spectre" is at a one day special price. Offer valid on February 9, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
\"Mariah Carey, the top-selling female artist of all time with sales of over 160 million units worldwide, took her newest show on the road in 2006 for the first time in more than three years. THE ADVENTURES OF MIMI, her most successful tour ever, shaped up to be a grand celebration, drawing on songs--many performed for the first time ever--from her 15-year career. Shot in High Definition and recorded in Digital Surround Sound, this large-scale, sold-out arena production, produced by legendary Award Winning Producer Ken Ehrlich, is your all-access pass to see Mariah belt out everything from power ballads to hip-hop tracks. It is a fantasy come true to see and hear an artist of this magnitude touch the hearts and souls of so many with her famous five-octave voice.\n\nDisc 1\n1. It's Like That 2. Heartbreaker 3. Dream Lover 4. My All 5. Shake It Off 6. Vision Of Love 7. Fly Like A Bird 8. I'll Be There 9. Fantasy 10. Don't Forget About Us 11. Always Be My Baby 12. Honey 13. I Wish You Knew 14. Can't Let Go 15. One Sweet Day 16. Hero 17. Make It Happen 18. We Belong Together 19. Butterfly Reprise\n\nFeatures Live performance of 19 hit songs, Behind-The-Scenes footage and Jukebox feature which allows the user to select the order of songs.\n\nDisc 2\n* The Adventures of Mimi Tour Documentary\n* An inside look at the Tour and Concert by Mariah and Mariah's personal Director \n* Lovers And Haters, an original Spike Lee directed Mariah mini movie\n\nKaraoke-Style Feature with the following hit songs:\n* Shake It Off\n* Vision Of Love\n* Honey\n* One Sweet Day\n* Hero\n* We Belong Together\n\nDisc 3 - Bonus Interactive Disc ($55 Value)\n* Exclusive Virtual Store\n* Free Virtual Ticket Subscription\n* Free Ringtones\n* Tour & Ticket Updates\n* Free Single Download\"
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Songs are good and I've somewhat become a fan of Mariah Carey now.
- I don't like how it is mixed. Her vocals are too high in the mix, while the music is too low. You can really notice the wear and tear in her voice more-so this way.
- Her dance moves are less than stellar (although I do appreciate the effort)
- Her outfits are atrocious. I actually think she looks good in this concert (body-wise), but she needs to cover up a bit and let her talent be the forefront because the wardrobe looks tacky.
- Her set-list from her last three tours hasn't changed drastically, so anyone who was disappointed for the "Rainbow" and "Charmbracelet" tours not being commercially available, you need not worry anymore.
- She performs the majority of her hits, and she doesn't really miss anything that significant (except her biggest international hit, "Without You"), so it's a really good retrospective of her career. She also sings the more popular Bad Boy remixes of "Fantasy" and "Honey (which has a portion of the 'So So Def Remix' with JD), and ends "My All" with the David Morales Remix.
- Although her voice has been deteriorating over the years, it doesn't sound horrible and she puts in great effort to making a good vocal performance. I know some parts are pre-recorded and I'm sure there is some dubbing going on for this DVD, but most of it is live.
- Her duet with special guests Boyz II Men is a show stopping performance. It was a very emotional moment.
- The bonus features are very entertaining.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The concert itself deserves five stars but I have to take one off because of the clumsy production. Spotligting is not very accurate but most of all, camera work is, I would say, horrible! Firstly, you will see too much of audience shots in the latter part of the show. For example, when MC sings "Hero", almost half of the shots are done with audience. You will even remember some people in the audience after watching because of repetitious and long-staying zoom-ins. Who cares about audience that much? Who wants to miss the main performer instead? Secondly, there are many cases that a camera misses the hightlight of a song and the performer failing enhancing the mood of the song. For example, when MC sings with such high notes covering her ear (you know what I mean), the camera suddenly zoom out and shows the whole arena or people instead. In addition, there are some blurry/unfocused and pointless shots. So, I'm sure that the concert would have been much more enjoyable with a better production.
Technically, PQ is 4.5/5 (VC-1 coding) IMO and AQ is 5/5 with uncompressed PCM 5.1/2.0. Extras are good: I liked the Karaoke especially.
I actually was fortunate enough to see this tour in my area, and I must say that this DVD does an excellent job of capturing the magic of her performance. The set is nice, as is the lighting. The concert was recorded in HD and is in surround sound, so obviously I have no complaints in that area. (The only problem I really have with the way it was shot is that I really didn't care to see the fans in the crowd and also, I wish the camera weren't always so close up to Mariah. I would've liked to have seen more full shots of the stage with everything going on at once a few times throughout the presentation.) The background vocalists, in my opinion, were superb and they really did an amazing job. The dancers seemed to be quite talented, but at most times, the choreography was a little lame and unexciting to me. But to be completely honest, I don't really look to the dancers to give me thrills during a concert: my eyes are always on the star of the show.
Throughout the entire show, Mariah proves that she is back and here to stay. The voice, which some critics claimed was withering away to a mere whimper, is just as strong and bold as her early days. The high notes are still there, as is her soulful belting. And she really is singing live! She has astounding charisma and energy, and to top it all off, she looks better than ever.
Choosing the setlist must have been an extremely difficult task; Mariah has been active in the music business for the last 17 or 18 years. She has had many hit singles and also many great album tracks that have become fan favorites. Well, all I can say is that it was chosen perfectly. It has some stuff for all the new fans that she gained with this new album, but it is also faithful to the fans that have been there since day one. Most of her studio albums are represented with at least one song. All of the songs are pretty much performed in their entirety. (It really annoys me when artists do little one-and-a-half-minute versions of their songs, trying to cram everything in.) What I also liked was how she slipped in little pieces of some of her remixes into the performances. It was cool how she sang part of "Dream Lover" over the instrumental of Biggie's "Juicy." The powerful performance of "Fly Like A Bird" was worth the price of this set alone for me.
Aside from the concert, this also has some special features. The first disc has a behind-the-scenes feature, which are always fun to watch at least once. It also contains a jukebox feature that allows you to arrange and play your own setlist. (Mine: "Fly Like A Bird," ten times in a row.) I think the idea is quite ingenious. The second disc has a tour documentary, with interviews from all parties involved, speaking on the setlist, set design, dancers, etc. I always find these things interesting because it really takes an incredible amount of work to put a tour of this magnitude together, and it's always nice to hear Mariah speak. Also, a few, but not all, of the concert's songs are here in karaoke form so you can sing along. Last, a Spike-Lee directed short, Lovers and Haters, is included. It's Mariah's way of responding to--and laughing at--all the rumors that "haters" have created about her over the years. I don't really think this set needed to be two discs. I'm sure all the special features would've fit on one DVD, but I still enjoyed them all.
This tour documents an amazing performer who has once again returned to her prime. Overall, this is a great, entertaining, and worthwhile DVD set. If you are a Mariah fan, then this is for you.
1. Opening Video
2. It's Like That
3. Heartbreaker (Remix/Album version)
4. Dreamlover (Album version/Remix)
5. My All (Album version/Remix)
6. Shake It Off
7. Vision Of Love
8. Fly Like A Bird
9. I'll Be There (with Trey Lorenz)
10. Fantasy (O.D.B. Remix)
11. Don't Forget About Us
12. Always Be My Baby
14. I Wish You Knew (snippets)
15. Can't Let Go
16. One Sweet Day (with Boyz II Men)
18. Make It Happen
19. We Belong Together
20. Butterfly Reprise
I just hope that next time that Mariah should sing more of her new songs instead of the old ones..
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Artists > Mariah Carey
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Other Music > R&B
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Pop
- Movies & TV > Music Video & Concerts > Rock & Roll
- Music > Dance & DJ > Dance Pop
- Music > Pop > Adult Contemporary
- Music > Pop > Dance Pop
- Music > Pop > Vocal Pop
- Music > R&B > Contemporary R&B