- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Marijuana and Madness: Psychiatry and Neurobiology Hardcover – Jun 14 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"We congratulate them (the authors) on their accomplishment and recommend this book enthusiastically for all clinicians and researchers interested in substance related issues."
Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA), Shahla Modir, MD, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, and John Tsuang, MD, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
"Researchers in these areas will benefit by the excellent literature reviews and assembly of information. As they say in the Movie Show: 'I'll give it four stars: how about you?'
Australian Medicine, Dr. Chris Cantor
"Marijuana and Madness is an excellent book that clearly and thoroughly explores the subject from every point of the biopsychosocial spectrum."
Journal of Clinical Psychiatry
"Reading Marijuana and Madness will make you humble and wary of scientific and clinicin zealots and will increase your wisdom."
Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Willim S. Appleton, Harvard Medical School
"This book provides an excellent and unparalleled overview of current evidence-based thinking about cannabis and psychotic disorders, and should be read by anyone involved in clinical practice or research with people who suffer serious metal illness and also use cannabis."
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Fraser Todd
"...I highly recommend this book to all clinicians who wish for an update on the many intriguing questions about cannabis use and mental helath raised by our colleagues, our patients, and the public. I cannot think of a better reference at this point."
The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, Nady el-Guebaly, MD
"I found this to be an excellent, short monograph...the publication of a monograph on marijuana and Madness is both important and timely. Hopefully it will be widely read and digested not only by mental health professionals but also by legislators before any attempts are made to change the law in those countries in which the possession of cannabis is a criminal offense."
Quarterly Journal of Mental Health, Brian E. Leonard, National University of Ireland
"The editors' succeed admirable in their aim with comprehensive review chapters ranging from descriptions of the endocannabinoid system to 'cannabis psychosis' to the relationship between cannabis abuse and the course of schizophrenia."
Bill Wood MD, Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
This book provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the psychiatry and neuroscience of Cannabis sativa (marijuana) with particular emphasis on psychotic disorders. It outlines the very latest developments in our understanding of the human cannabinoid system, and links this knowledge to clinical and epidemiological facts about the impact of cannabis on mental health. Controversial issues are critically explored, including whether a discrete 'cannabis psychosis' exists. This book will be of interest to all members of the mental health team, to neuroscientists and those involved in drug and alcohol research.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
This book is about cannabis (marijuana) and psychotic illnesses; more specifically, it outlines how our increasing understanding of cannabis itself, the effects of cannabis on the brain and psychic functions and of the cannabinoid system can inform our understanding of the relationships between cannabis and psychosis. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Canada Day Deals > All Deals
- Books > Canada Day Deals > Science
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology > Pain Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Neuroscience
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Mental Health
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pain Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry