- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Marine Biology: Function, Biodiversity, Ecology Hardcover – Dec 3 2008
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Levinton's book is easy to follow yet challenging and is at a perfect level for undergraduate biology majors. The additional material that has been added to the new edition is highly relevant to the field of marine biology and includes many up-to-date topics that students will find intriguing."--Jayson Smith, California State University, Fullerton
"I like the author's relaxed style of communication. The book is very readable at the undergraduate level, but it doesn't skimp on detail to explain a point. The author also brings in a number of personal experiences and observations from his research and travel. I think that this further serves to engage the students' interest and make them feel that they too can become marine biologists. Levinton's writing is accessible and engaging."--Erin Burge, Coastal Carolina University
About the Author
Jeffrey S. Levinton is Distinguished Professor of Ecology and Evolution at Stony Brook University.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I used the amazon rental service for this book and am really satisfied at how smoothly it worked. The book shipped very fast. The return process was very easy as well. I printed out a label and dropped the book of at the closest post office. I would definitely rent books from amazon again.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Oceans & Seas > Marine Biology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences