Mass Effect 3 - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
|List Price:||CDN$ 59.99|
|You Save:||CDN$ 47.49 (79%)|
- Platform: Xbox 360
- ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
“One of the most intricately crafted stories in the history of the medium.”
- GameInformer, 10/10 Platinum Award
“An absolutely amazing game.”
- IGN, Editor’s Choice
“Epic space battles, immense ground conflicts and hard hitting drama.”
- MSNBC, 10/10
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action, compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360 and more.
The Final Chapter in the Mass Effect Trilogy
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
Key Game Features
- A Rich, Branching Storyline - Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game
- Massive in Scope - Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Large-scale and Intelligent Enemies - Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Unlock a Customizable Arsenal - Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair
- Unleash Death from Afar or Go Toe-to-Toe - Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play
- Play with Kinect - Mass Effect 3 features compatibility with the Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360
A customizable arsenal.
A rich branching storyline.
Multiple play options.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If not, here is what I can tell you.
* Game looks great, environments, graphics, design.
* Side quest take the quality over quantity approach.
* Some unparalleled moving moments in gaming.
* The combat is really fun and responsive.
* Your allies have troublesome AI.
* You'll often take cover when it's the last thing you want.
* Dialogue options are heavily cut down.
* To get the best ending you need to play multiplayer. Plain and simple. People may say otherwise, and maybe in some kind of perfect Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 play through its possible. But it isn't possible for 98% of players.
I should also mention that the ending has been very divisive...
But let's bottom line this. Bioware makes a good game. The game is fun to play, extremely well written, and with a genuine feeling of the epic.
Is it perfect, no. Am I annoyed at some of the decisions the developers made, sure.
Is it easily head and shoulders above most of the other games out right now?
-Best shooting mechanics of the 3 games
-Re-inclusion of RPG elements that were taken away in ME2
-Weapon upgrades seamlessly carry on to new weapons
-Some really great set-pieces
Now time to move on to the negative, which to be honest there is a lot of. Most of it I suspect is due to the game being rushed, but also to Frank Gibeau's, EA Labels President, insistence on every game having multiplayer.
-Abundant glitches (from delayed lip syncing in cut-scenes to a bug that forced a level restart)
-Noticeable lack of dialogue options
-Fewer new characters and mission crew mates
-Not much to do aside from story missions
-No vehicle levels
This last one deserves a bit of explanation as it has been the most controversial issue surrounding the game. The only fault I found with it is that Bioware even bother to create the illusion of the player having a choice. The moment right before "the choice" would have been a great ending, leave it at that and add a modified version of the extended-edition cutscene. That would have ended the franchise on a much higher note.
The ME trilogy is a great one and one that I recommend, just not as fervently as before. It's a shame that I will always have an "if only..." mentality to the way the ending was handled and be cautious of Bioware's future games (this might seem drastic but I'm also taking into account Dragon Age 2).
You start with Mass effect 1 and import your character to Mass effect 2 and 3.
That being said, it is the greatest game ever minus the last 20 minutes.
If you like/love Star Wars, buy a xbox 360 just to play this game.
The ending is disapointing but not that bad, it feels a little rushed. It is not so bad when you expect it as i was.
Specifically, this third episode has some great Modern warfare type of firearm combat.
I might redo the whole trilogy as a woman just just to see. :P
There's a lot of backstory that you might not appreciate unless you've played the prequels (or ME2 at least) so I'd recommend picking those up first if you are thinking of buying this game.
Then it hit the last 5 minutes, realized nothing I'd done to that point mattered, and they rushed the ending so all of that hype for the choices you've made giving you something like 16 different endings.. they're the exact same ending, just different coloured filter... not to mention the weird plotholes.. the ending just doesn't meet up to Bioware's usual level of quality... the rest of the game blows it away.
Wait for the Extended Cut DLC, don't depress yourself till then.
Most recent customer reviews
This instalment is definitely the best in the series, with action and drama right from the get-go. I would've liked the ending to be fleshed out more, especially after such an epic... Read morePublished 19 months ago by David Dang
Every gamer should play the series. Some great and classic content are in the game. This game will go down in the history books as one of the greatest game ever.Published on Dec 5 2013 by Gajanan Balasubramaniam
This is an awesome open world game for xbox. I have noticed that many people did not like the story very much on mass effect 3. Read morePublished on Aug. 15 2013 by pokerstar
I played all the ME games, I think this game is far better than ME2, but I felt the game miss something...Published on June 8 2013 by Martin Ayotte Cummings