From the Back Cover
Want to Get More From Office? Use VBA to Customize It!
Mastering VBA is the quickest, easiest way to learn to use VBA programming to customize and improve Microsoft Office and hundreds of other VBA-enabled applications. Step-by-step instructions address both general techniques, suitable for any VBA host, and specific procedures for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook. This book covers the Office 2003 applications, but you can use it to program Office XP and Office 2000 as well.
- Understanding what VBA is and what you can do with it
- Recording and editing macros in key Microsoft Office applications
- Creating and editing code using the Visual Basic Editor
- Finding the objects, properties, and methods you need for your code
- Using variables, constants, and arrays to store and manipulate data
- Creating fixed and indefinite loops to repeat actions
- Using conditions to decide between different courses of action
- Using message boxes, input boxes, and built-in dialog boxes to interact with the user
- Creating custom dialog boxes and coding their controls
- Building modular code for clarity and easy maintenance
- Testing, debugging, and improving your code
- Securing your code with digital certificates and VBA's security features
Automate Your Daily Work Using VBA
Add the Functionality You Need by Programming Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access
Build Custom User Interfaces with User Forms, Menus, and Toolbars
About the Author
Well into his second decade of rebooting Windows PCs, Guy Hart-Davis has written dozens of computer books, including Word 97 Macro & VBA Handbook, Word 2000 Developer's Handbook, and three editions of Mastering Windows XP Home Edition.