- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Mastering Your Adult ADHD: A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Program Client Workbook Paperback – Jul 28 2005
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"...it should be considered an extremely important and much overdue contribution to the ADHD clinical literature...Safren, et al. deserve kudos for taking the first step down that path with their splendid volumes, which, in addition to helping adults with ADHD, also shed light on the work yet to be done."--Journal of Attention Disorders
From the Publisher
2 line illus.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
That's where this book comes in. It's a top-to-bottom, adult ADHD problem-solving system. It's designed to be used in conjunction with a cognitive therapist, but it could be used alone. It's pretty "hardcore" though, with a lot of exercises that require follow-through, so really severe ADHD cases might not be able to do much with it alone.
The workbook focuses on "rewiring" your brain with new habits and thought patterns. These exercises aren't for the faint of heart. Even the simplest ones require some concentration. But the whole point is to build up the attention span, find ways to circumvent the "procrastination reflex," etc.
Doing just some of the work in the book will show real results. But ultimately it's probably best to work this through with a therapist, in order to avoid "quitting" partway through, and adding one more negative notch to your self-esteem belt. (ADHD people are notorious for feeling bad about their ever- increasing "failures" in life.)
So treat yourself right. Grab the book, and start seeing the best ADHD specialist you can find.
P.S.: Anyone with relationship issues that are effected by ADHD should consider The ADHD Marriage Workbook: A User-Friendly Guide to Improving Your Relationship which I recently received for review. It is written by a therapist who has ADHD himself and filled with practical, actionable (ADHD-friendly presentation) for improving any romantic relationship where ADHD is causing issues.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Disorders & Diseases > Attention Deficit Disorder
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Emotions
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychoanalysis
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Special Needs > Disabilities
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy