The McGraw-Hill Civil Engineering PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth Hardcover – Mar 28 2001
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Conquer the PE EXAM with this unique tool kit--
The McGRAW-HILL CIVIL ENGINEERING PE EXAM GUIDE: Breath and Depth
This extraordinary book/2-CD set gives you all the study tools you need to pass the NEW Professional Engineering exam. Brimming with study-enhancing tools, sample problems and solutions, and expert guidance, THE McGRAW-HILL CIVIL ENGINEERING PE EXAM GUIDE uniquely prepares you for both Breath and Depth portions of the exam.
FOR BREATH: A complete study kit for the morning session Civil Engineering Breath Exam, featuring:
* Dissection of the new text format
* Tips to help you pass the first time
* Indispensable study guide covering all civil engineering material on the test
* Plenty of exam-type problems and solutions
FOR DEPTH: Get ready for the Depth exam of your choice with expert help:
* STRUCTURAL Engineering by M. Myint Lewin, PE, SE
* TRANSPORTATION Engineering by James T. Ball, PE
* WATER Resources by Emmanual U. Nzewi, Ph.D., PE
* ENVIRONMENTAL Engineering by Deborah L. Thurston, Ph.D., PE and Yvonne F. Bernard
* GEOTECHNICAL Engineering by Joseph Spigolon, Ph.D., PE
These five test-focused, book-length resources (300+ pages each) on the CD-ROM give you every tool you need for peak performance on the Depth section!
* Test-specific expert tips
* Power and study techniques
* Numerous sample test problems and solutions
* In-depth study guide on each subject
* PDF for easy printout
STUDY QUICKLY AND EFFECTIVELY! Designed with busy engineers in mind, THE McGRAW-HILL CIVIL ENGINEERING PE EXAM GUIDE compresses what you need to know into an easy-to-use, easy-to-absorb format. This unbeatable package is also a great way to prepare for university exams, or simply to polish your professional credentials.
THE FIELD'S PREMIER PROFESSIONAL RESOURCE To supplement and enhance this complete examiantion-passing package, you also get a clocked edition of STANDARD HANDBOOK FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS, Fourth Edition. Use it as an additional study tool absolutely free for a full 30 days.
About the Author
Editor-in-Chief, R. Dodge Woodson has been active in the construction industry for more than twenty-five years. Self-employed since 1979, Woodson has been a leader in land development, the construction of residential properties and developments, and the real estate industry. The real-world field experience Woodson has gained over the years has been shared in many of the more than 60 books that Woodson has written. Presently, Woodson is heavily involved in publishing, book production, and real estate consulting services. His companies are located in northern Maine, where Woodson resides.
Editor, Kimberly Goines Griffin is a former newspaper reporter of several years, where she covered breaking city news and wrote feature articles, profiles, and a weekly column. Her other experience includes working as Senior Writer for a Washington, D.C.-based investment banking firm, and Editor/Desktop Publisher for a training support company located in Wilmington, North Carolina. She is a member of The Society for Technical Communication and Washington Independent Writers and currently works as a freelance writer and editor in the Washington, D.C. area. She received bachelor's degrees in Journalism and English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a Masters degree in Technical and Professional Communication from East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Soils and rocks are the subject of several scientific and professional disciplines, including agronomy, soil science, geology, geophysics, engineering geology, geological engineering, mining engineering, and geotechnical engineering. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
I recommend the Lindeburg book.
Most recent customer reviews
I just bought it. I opened up on page 101 to find the Dr(%) formula (5.10) being wrong. This does not give me a warm feeling. Read morePublished on May 10 2003 by Anmar Abdulaziz
i forget what website i bought this from, but if i had read the other reviews i would not have bought it!! i wish i didn't. Read morePublished on Jan. 21 2002
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Engineering
- Books > Education & Reference > Test Preparation > Graduate & Professional > Professional
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Construction
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Surveying & Photogrammetry
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Test Prep & Study Guides