Mealtime Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Approach for Each Age and Stage Paperback – Apr 12 2006
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
FINALLY, A NO-WORRY, NO-GUILT GUIDE to feeding your baby, toddler and preschooler. Featuring real world solutions, this reassuring and wisdom-packed guide gives you the lowdown on:
- getting your child off to a healthy start nutrition-wise
- introducing first foods the step-by-step, no-worry way
- making nutritious, great tasting baby food
- serving up toddler- and preschooler-friendly meals and snacks
- feeding vegetarian kids
- dining in and dining out: mom-proven mealtime strategies geared to each age and stage
- coping with picky eaters and nourishing sick kids
- nutrition tips, allergy alerts and other essential health and safety information
- setting the stage for happy mealtimes and how you can help your child to develop a healthy relationship with food
- timesaving cooking tips and recipes from kitchen-savvy moms
- nutrition charts to ensure you've got your baby's nutritional bases covered
- meal planners and shopping lists—even a convenient food label decoder
- organizations, websites and books every parent should know about
Ann Douglas is the author of numerous best-selling pregnancy and parenting books, including The Mother of All Pregnancy Books, and is a mother of four.
About the Author
Ann Douglas is an award-winning pregnancy and parenting author. She is the author of The Mother of All Pregnancy Books, The Mother of All Baby Books, The Mother of All Toddler Books, The Mother of All Parenting Books, and The Mother of All Pregnancy Organizers (all part of the award-winning The Mother of All Books Series) as well as the two debut titles in the newly launched The Mother of All Solutions series: Sleep Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Approach for Each Age and Stage and Mealtime Solutions for Your Baby, Toddler and Preschooler: The Ultimate No-Worry Approach for Each Age and Stage. She is also the co-author of other highly popular titles in the pregnancy and parenting category, including The Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby and Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss (both co-authored with John R. Sussman, MD) and Choosing Childcare for Dummies.
Ann delivers keynote addresses at parenting and health conferences across North America; teaches online pregnancy courses through WebMD.com, is an Expert Mom with ClubMom.com, delivers parenting workshops through the Ella Centre for Pregnancy and Parenting and workplace-based parenting training through Lifespeak Inc; serves as a member of the National Advisory Board for invest in Kids; and is the president of Page One Productions Inc., an award-winning marketing and communications firm that specializes in mom-to-mom communications.
Ann writes columns for Conceive Magazine, Glow, and CanadianLiving.com and is a regular contributor to numerous other pregnancy and parenting publications. She is frequently quoted in such publications as Parenting, Parents, Fit Pregnancy, American Baby, Working Mother, and Canadian Living and is a popular radio, TV, and online chat guest.
Ann and her husband Neil have four children, ages 8 through 18. All four of her children were breastfed, but that's about the only thing they've ever had in common on the food front—something that's given Ann plenty of opportunity (and incentive) to study eating habits and mealtime behavior in her own family food "laboratory."
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I liked the fact that the approach was "open" in that I don't need to follow as rigid a timeline or schedule as I may have found from other sources. The tips and quotes from other Mom's also made the book unique - afterall, I consider other Mom's to be experts at this point!
As a new Mom, I don't have alot of time to read - so I found this easy to read and quick/concise....easier than pulling the information out of multiple other sources. The other great part is where the author gives links to various sources for further info such as baby recipes etc... I also look forward to utilizing the baby food calendar that the author supports through her website.
I would definately recommend this book to other new Moms that are trying to figure out the "solid food" thing!
Ann Douglas gives practical nutrition and allergy pieces of advice and more--sprinkling her books with fantastic and real stories of other moms. She doesn't preach and does allow for the discussion of alternative and natural choices, such as vegetarianism.
This book is a great companion to her other works, such as "Sleep Solutions".
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Parents
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Child Development
- Books > Self-Help