When it comes to drawing robots, beauty is more than skin deep - try armor deep. Slick surfaces and fancy mechanics aren't enough ... success depends on what makes your robot tick and MechaForce gears your imagination into overdrive!
33 step-by-step demonstrations show you how to render original, memorable robots, and bring them to life on the page. Learn how to:
- Draw believable humanoid robots by using tubes, pipes, nuts, bolts, hydraulics and other machinery in place of muscles and bones.
- Model robots after horses, spiders, dragons and other creatures.
- Give your robots personality, from sleek and athletic to thin, comical or feminine.
- Evoke an in-your-face sense of drama and action with extreme perspectives and different poses.
- Achieve the realistic look of reflective surfaces and other robotic textures.
- Compose dynamic scenes and establish moods with lighting.