|1. Great Big White World|
|2. The Dope Show|
|3. Mechanical Animals|
|4. Rock Is Dead|
|6. The Speed Of Pain|
|8. I Want To Disappear|
|9. I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)|
|10. New Model No. 15|
|11. User Friendly|
|12. Fundamentally Loathsome|
|13. The Last Day On Earth|
|14. Coma White|
However, it is in the storyline where we find the brilliance on the record. Manson plays two characters in this, these being the "Marilyn" or good side, called Alpha, and the "Manson" or dark side, called Omega. Even though the caracters are the same person, they represent opposite sides of the personality, with Alpha being naieve, hopeful and somewhat charitable, whilst Omega is a cynical, bitter manic-depressive addicted to every drug in California.
As for the songs....
1. Great Big White World: Genuinely goregous glam track, sung by Alpha, as he is horrified by the conformity of our world.
2. The Dope Show: Musically brilliant, this lets us in on Omega's cynicism, and the emptiness of his fame.
3. Mechanical Animals: Alpha dealing with the mechanical nature of this "Bride".
4: Rock Is Dead: Industrio/Glam mixture, Omega bitching over the agonisingly ignorant criticism he recieves for being controversial. Damn catchy too.
5. Dissassociative: Omega overdoses on drugs (again), obstensibly for his depression, and reverts to Alpha, seeing the world as a "Dead Astronaut". Very Bowie, and very good.
6. Speed of Pain: Omega, now on a come down, vents his angst, and it is here where we first see his despiar.
7: Posthuman: Alpha, infuriated at the superficiality of our world and our religion, reminds us of the Antichrist Superstar and tells us to wake up to our god being a Statistic.
8: I want to dissapear: Omega, full of anger and frustration, blasts us in a punk sneer about how shallow he has become thanks to our screwed up society.
1.Great Big White World - 10/10 its a good song 4 the start of the CD, a good song followed by many more
2. Read more