Mechanics of Machines Hardcover – Mar 16 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Publisher
630 halftones & line illus.
About the Author
W. L. Cleghorn is Professor and Clarice Chalmers Chair of Engineering Design at the University of Toronto. He has taught subjects in mechanics and design for over twenty years, and holds numerous teaching awards.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
-smaller than other engineering textbooks
-cheaper than other engineering textbooks
-covers relevant topics in the dynamics of machines/mechanisms
-too few examples, and examples are explained poorly
-not enough explanation of problem solving methodology
-included software is glitchy
-answers section in back of book contains only about 3 solutions per chapter, and not a single diagram
Bottom Line: It is impossible to use this book to teach yourself the subject. You will get stuck when you first attempt to draw cognates in chapter 1, and it's a downward spiral from then onward. If you're forced to use this book for a class, may God have mercy on your soul.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Canada Day Deals > All Deals
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace > Advanced Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Machinery
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Machinery
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe