Media Ethics: A Philosophical Approach Paperback – Jul 30 1999
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"Surrounded as we are by media on every side, few topics can be as pressing as the relation of the mass media to ethics. In this ground clearing book...Matthew Kieran provides the first sustained look at this topic by an analytic philosopher. With clarity and penetration, he examines issues ranging from journalism to pornography. His views may be sometimes controversial, but they are always stimulating and thoughtfully argued. This book opens new territory for philosophy. I predict that Kieran's book will launch a generation of media and philosophy courses throughout the English-speaking world."-Noel Carroll Monroe C. Beardsley Professor of the Philosophy of Art the University of Wisconsin at Madison
About the Author
MATTHEW KIERAN is Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Leeds, England. He also teaches media ethics and has researched for the Broadcasting Standards Commission in the United Kingdom. His articles on aesthetics, ethics, and social philosophy have appeared in such journals as the Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism and the Journal of Communication.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Communication > Mass Communication
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Communications
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Journalism
- Books > Textbooks > Communication & Journalism > Media Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Ethics
- Books > Textbooks > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences