Methods for the Economic Evaluation of Health Care Programmes Hardcover – Sep 16 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From reviews of the previous edition:
`The book has some important characteristics that differentiate it from others in the field. Another unique feature is the presentation of tutorials that are highlighted in boxes.' Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics
`This book is a new second edition of what became the standard text for Health Economists and can be heartily recommended to anyone who is interested in this vitally important area of research.' Amazon.com
`An important contribution to studies on the economic evaluation of medical care.' British Medical Journal
`This is essential reading. Only if all managers are aware of the powers of economic techniques will they be used sensibly.' Health Service Journal
`This book suited my needs to perfection and is an ideal accompaniment to a course that combines methodology with critical appraisal and hands-on practical training in using these techniques. The methodological chapters on cost analysis and cost utility are gems... should become the standard text on the subject at the intermediate level at which it is aimed.' Medical Decision Making
`This book is a must for every student in health services sciences.' Acta Hospitalia
`The book is well designed and clearly written.' Canadian Public Policy
`It leaves nothing important in economic evaluation analysis untouched.' Health Policy and Planning
From the Publisher
numerous line figures and tablesSee all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
My own literatrue reveiw and requests for information yeiled inconsistent and conflicting recommendations. The chapter in this book gave a clear and concise description of the current methods, tying together the various apporaches I found.
While more details in how to apply the methods would be welcomed, it gives just the right amount of information, without favoring one apporach over the other, to allow the reader to evaluate the options available and decide the best one to persue.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Health Policy
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Hospital Administration
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Public Health
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Preventive Medicine
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Policy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Hospital Administration
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Preventive Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Health Policy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Public Health